T Levels LOWER After Starting Injections?

Thread starter #1

Alright yeah, title sums it up. Switched to 200 mg/ml a week in July along with HCG. Was formerly doing half a pill of Clomid every day. I stopped as I believed it was worsening my depression. I have 1mg of Arimidex as well was taking once a week but was informed it might be crashing estrogen too low so I stopped about 2 weeks ago. However my labs from when taking the clomid and now have me very confused. Here they are.

This was back in late May. Still doing clomid.

TESTOSTERONE LEVEL 957 NG/DL 300 - 1080 NG/DL
SEX HORMONE BINDING GLOBULIN 21.2 NMOL/L 16.5 - 55.9 NMOL/L
CALC FREE TESTOSTERONE 279.9 PG/ML 47.0 - 244.0 PG/ML

Now here is the results I just got from my visit this month.

TESTOSTERONE LEVEL 669 NG/DL 300 - 1080 NG/DL
SEX HORMONE BINDING GLOBULIN 20.0 NMOL/L 16.5 - 55.9 NMOL/L
CALC FREE TESTOSTERONE 188.3 PG/ML47.0 - 244.0 PG/ML

This is very frustrating as I believed the current method would better my results. What can I do? Is this something to worry about? Should I have stayed on Clomid?

Additionally, I would like to petition help in interpreting these more in-depth Thyroid labs I requested.

T3 UPTAKE 33.1 % 24.3 - 39.0 %
THYROXINE BINDING CAPACITY 1.0 0.8 - 1.3
T4 TOTAL 4.1 UG/DL 4.5 - 10.5 UG/DL
FTI 4.1 UG/DL 4.2 - 11.6 UG/DL
THYROID STIMULATING HORMONE 2.200 UIU/ML 0.400 - 4.100 UIU/ML

Are you feeling any different on test? If not as good, I think you would do better with twice a week injections as your SHBG is lower.

As for thyroid, you really need free T4 and free T3, plus reverse T3, tested.

T4 is the total thyroid hormone being produced by the thyroid, which is quite low and out of range. T4 must be converted to T3 before the body can use it, so you should test the other thyroid hormones Free T3, and Reverse T3.

TSH is of poor indicator of thyroid status, it doesn’t always become elevated when there’s a problem.

Definitely inject T more than once weekly, you’ll feel better.

Good lord you can make that much T with your own balls while taking clomid?
I would go back. Your depression was probably from crashing your E2.

Get off the T before you are shutdown for too long.

Ive researched and documented many peoples accounts of the effects of clomid on mental health. If the trade off is stabilizing mental state then I believe that is better. As some have said, this test could have been from a trough between injections as I had not injected that day after 3 days.

I already inject twice a week

I feel neutral. There might be many factors that are going into this. What in particular should i be feeling?

Increased energy, mood, strength, libido, decreased body fat.

I suppose since I was depressed before starting TRT, it only raised it to neutral. Im just numb and neutral most of the time unless something really upsets me. Minor things that would have upset me dont anymore or I dont stay upset as long. Ever since I stopped Arimidex, I notice I hardly feel myself pulled towards having a panic attack. Its hardly a wake up with a raging stiffie and backflip out the bed type feeling but I guess its marginally better. I dont know if this could be solely attributed to TRT or change in psychiatrist prescribed medications.

I do feel slightly leaner as well and think I might have bulked a little. I got a few compliments on muscle size/progress from acquaintances/strangers about my size if that is telling. The only thing I feel is hardly any better is energy as I am still tired most of the time.

As you mentioned, sounds as though you have a lot of moving parts, psych drugs, testosterone, estradiol, thyroid. As you may know, symptoms from those can overlap.

I think, in no particular order, you have to determine if the side effects from the psych drugs are an issue. Then, what TRT protocol is best for you, and that can take time. I’d look into thyroid function as well.