T Nation

T-levels for a 19 year old

I’m 19 and getting my total, bioavailable, and free testosterone levels checked this Friday. My question is that is there a huge difference between morning and afternoon?? I’m getting tested @ 4 pm. Also, what is typically normal results for all three listed above for a 19 year old?

Normal levels for a 19 year old are the same as normal levels for an adult male… I know there’s a myth out there that teenagers have higher levels of testosterone but it is purely a myth. In fact your levels will usually get a bit higher in your twenties than in your teens.

There is a significant difference between afternoon and morning but I don’t have the value handy though it is in my office here somewhere. I would guess maybe 25%? But that is just a rough guess based on memory of a graph… But I am sure it is less than 50% difference (substnatially less) and more than 0% difference (substantially more.)

Thanks Bill for the input. I’m considering using N-17E or T-17E when it becomes available to me. Don’t worry, I’m not some idiot kid who just wants to use drugs/supplements to get bigger. I eat right, train correctly and intensely, and sleep enough (more than any college kid). In the last three years, I’ve been doing this and have only gained 5-10 lbm. I can gain more weight, get up to about 195, but I have to eat around 5000 calories (not fun for week after week). If I don’t eat that much, I drop back down to 185 or so. Seriously though, if I had some gear, I’d definitely consider using it. Comments and suggestions highly wanted. Thanks.

Oh yeah, here are important things about me that would make a difference in whether I ought to do a cycle or not, or use N17E and T17E. I’m 19 years old, 6’2, 190 lbs. I haven’t grown in height for 4 years. I’m leaner than I was two years ago, but basically the say weight. I’ve never weighed more than 198 and no less than 172 in the last two years. I’ve been training since 14, correctly since 16 and eating right since 16. I always get enough sleep. I have no family history of hair loss, prostrate problems, or gyno. I’m genetically skinny, very carb tolerant. If any more info is needed, let me know.

Not saying I can officially recommend it, Scott, but if I were you in your situation I would feel comfortable using AAS or effective prohormones.