T Levels 29. Doc Just Upped My Dose, 200mg/wk

I spend enough money on this crap. I dont need some fancy place like defy to tell me how to do this. I’ve learned so much over the past 2 years.

with an shbg that low. a repeat lad would be good.

If still very low. need to investigate why. Like check metabolic panel that includes liver enzymes. Iron panel, and thyroid panel, glucose and A1C, fasting insulin. Could be diabetic? liver issues?

shbg is made in liver.

just realized you on trt already my bad. but i will leave my comment up. should try injecting 2x a week.

This was 2 days after injection

Thanks yes I had a whole panel before trt all was good except low T

if injecting more frequently i suggest lowering your does to 100 mg max per week, esp with your very low shbg. then take labs after 6 weeks. will help with estrogen to so you may not need an ai. you can always increase dosage after 6 weeks.

If you do this , no AI until at least after 6 week lab.

You need better e2 testing and run bw at trough. With your shbg levels being as low as they are I would be curious to see how much testosterone is left at trough. Get an e2 sensitive test at trough. I wouldn’t waste any more of your time with once weekly injections. Especially injections every 9 days as your doc has suggested. If long term stability and quality of life is your goal your going to have to make some smart informed decisions asap. Your bloodwork looks like garbage. No offense boss I just think you deserve better than this. Your currently on a long term losing protocol.

My doctor like to target 3/4 to top of the range for free testosterone, which I more than agree with since I didn’t feel good at midrange. If I were you I would start using 29 gauge insulin syringes, the mark’s are more precise for dosing with smaller doses.

I inject from a 10ml 100mg vial, the the 12 unit mark literally is 12mg, if using a 10ml 200mg vial 6 units would be 12mg. You can continue the HCG and AI as normal, but you may not need as much AI injecting everyday. In fact I’m certain you won’t need nearly as much if any.

1 Like

Thank y’all you have been a lot more informative then my doctor…

What are the normal ranges for a 30yr olds sbhg and total T levels

Are insulin syringes long enough for IM?

Looks like you are using Quest. SHBG is 10-50, total test range is 250-1100. Probably should go off of free test over total (get to whatever total gets you enough free), but a good total range is usually 700-1000.

There are people who are just genetically low SHBG, our bodies function well at these lower levels, then you have unhealthy lifestyles where the liver is assaulted and it starts producing large amounts of SHBG.

Your previous protocol may have hammered your SHBG down, so perhaps an everyday protocol will see a small increase. Large amounts of testosterone will drive SHBG down in just about everyone, men with midrange and higher SHBG men won’t be impacted by the reduction.

An average 30 years olds testosterone is 679 ng/dL.

Hey system so I’m trying to do math here and just want to be sure. My doc has me on 200mg every 7 days and you seen the results. Your suggesting pin every day. I can only get the 1ml vials of 200mg cyp that is all my ins will let me get. I usually use a 23-25 gauge 1” needle. Taking 10-12 daily does not add up to the 200mg? Does that even matter how much a week I’m getting as long as I’m doing a consistent 10-12 daily? Prob a stupid question lol just trying to figure it out and learning to read these needle marks.

I’m going to try using the 29gauge like you suggest, is there 1” 29s or does it matter? And I inject in quads if that matters.

If you get the 200mg per 1ML vials, and its 200mg per week - divide 200/7 = 28.57. since your strength is 200mg per 1ML, you need to divide the 28.57 by 2 again to get how many ML u should inject at once, which is 14.28. can’t get the .28, so fill to 14 in the syringe and you will be injecting 28mg per day, or 196mg a week.

1 Like

Helps soooo much thank you :muscle:t3:

Is using a 29g 1/2 long enough for IM in quads?

Since he is injecting more frequently shouldn’t he take maybe 150 a week? Especially since his shbg is low and more frequent injections can keep his t higher. This will help keep e2 under control too.

1 Like

They may be shallow IM and that is fine.

That’s a good question @anon10230041 and you make good points too… But I’m not really sure what the answer is. Either try less and see how he feels in 6 weeks or stick to current protocol and see how it feels in 6 weeks???

I had a strange thing happen. For 3 months, I was doing 50mg e3.5 days…then had bloods and my SHBG was at 16. I wasn’t feeling the best on my shot day, so my Urologist wanted me to go up to 60mg e3.5 days.

I did that for a bit, but started researching low SHBG and read more frequent injections were better, so I decided to go to 34mg eod on my own. Initially, I felt a little worse, but eventually started feeling real good so I stuck with it.

At my most recent appointment, I told my urologist about this and he was totally fine with it… But the strange this is my new SHBG was 31… Up from 16??

Either way, I’ve stuck with eod, but now based on some of what physioLojik has written about changing up dose, I sometimes do 40mg eod, or 34mg or 30mg or 50mg… some feel better than others, but I’m sticking to eod…and its all sub-q in the belly and I’m only taking test cyp, nothing else.

Yeah. Alot of experimentation. After reading what you write maybe he can try EOD. Less invasive too. You call always go everyday after 6 weeks.

Whatever you do stick with it through the ups and downs you will experience in the first few weeks.