T-Level and Financial Markets

Hormones ‘may fuel market crises’

[i]Hormone surges among City traders could be partly responsible for driving “boom and bust” economics, say researchers.

A Cambridge University team found testosterone levels were directly linked to the profit they made.

The Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences study also found levels of the stress hormone cortisol could affect the risks they took.

A psychologist who works with investment bankers said it may help explain seemingly irrational behaviour.

The Cambridge study measured testosterone levels in a small group of male City of London traders at both 11am and 4pm, and matched these to the levels of profit or loss recorded for that day.

They found that daily testosterone levels were significantly higher on days when traders made more than their average profit. [/i]

Cool, ey?

I’ll have to find the article but during the world cup (soccer, for you Yanks) in 2006 they monitored countries financial markets during the times their matches played a game.

Funnily enough, trading remained stable till the moment a goal was scored. If it was their country he markets went up, if it wasn’t the markets went down.

Interesting.

Something to do with “not caring about risk”, maybe linked to T Levels?

Good find Lixy.

I think it’s anecdotal evidence at best. Are you seriously saying a boom in the economy significantly originates from the performance of sports teams?

By the way a fair share of city traders take hard drugs and suffer from a lot of stress/anxiety. They don’t act in the same way as you and me do (or do they? lol).

I’ve never understood this. It all seems to boil down to speculation these days. Call me crazy, but I don’t see a guy with brass balls fretting over what might or might not happen.

[quote]analog_kid wrote:
I’ve never understood this. It all seems to boil down to speculation these days. Call me crazy, but I don’t see a guy with brass balls fretting over what might or might not happen. [/quote]

Ditto.

[quote]analog_kid wrote:
I’ve never understood this. It all seems to boil down to speculation these days. Call me crazy, but I don’t see a guy with brass balls fretting over what might or might not happen. [/quote]

What if they cling together and sparks fly out of his ass? That might be something to fret about.

^ Gold

[quote]Scrotus wrote:
analog_kid wrote:
I’ve never understood this. It all seems to boil down to speculation these days. Call me crazy, but I don’t see a guy with brass balls fretting over what might or might not happen.

What if they cling together and sparks fly out of his ass? That might be something to fret about.[/quote]

Something to brag about too.