T-Gyms in Toronto

Anybody training in the Toronto/North York area? I’m looking for somewhere better to train than the local YMCA… one Smith squat machine just doesn’t cut it.

I need a T-Gym, one without all the wussy bicep curling machines.

There is a gym on Dundas St. W near Jane St called Rhino Gym it’s pretty hardcore. I go to Adrenelin Fitness on Dufferin near Lawrence it’s 24hrs and they have lot’s of good equipment.

You could also try 365(?) off of Kipling and the 401. It used to be known as Monster Gym and it is still 24/7 as far as I know… If it wasn’t so damn far in the West End I would be a regular.

I live on the York U. campus, so I guess I’m in your area. We have pretty shitty stuff at the Toronto Track & Field Centre, but we have to work out there since the actual gym’s being renovated.

If anyone works out there, gimme a shout.

Unfortunately, the first two are way too far. But I live a stone’s throw away from York U, and I take Thai Boxing around there as well.

How bad is the Track & Field place?

Otherwise I might have to do some hardcore underground training, Shugart-style ;p

[quote]Judecca wrote:
Unfortunately, the first two are way too far. But I live a stone’s throw away from York U, and I take Thai Boxing around there as well.

How bad is the Track & Field place?

Otherwise I might have to do some hardcore underground training, Shugart-style ;p[/quote]

It’s OK when there’s not too many people, but usually it’s quite busy. Equipment is rusty and quite old, but you can definitely work out. The main problem is how small it is and how many people go.

If you’re intersted, send me a PM.