T-Dawg Dieting

Hi,

Trying the T-Dawg2.0 All Articles - T NATION
, been on it for about 5 weeks now. Seeing serious results, lost about 4.5lbs in June, so thanks to the writers. I’ve got two questions I hope those here can help me with. First, am I doing the calculations for the diet right and any suggestions. Second, can anyone make suggestions as to how to improve my daily ratios? Thanks in advance.

I’m 5’7" short and weigh 148lbs. Stood on some machine the other day that said I had 21% bodyfat. Anyway, Calories should be 148 x 15= 2220. 2220-500=1720. So 1720 per day (right?)

Protein= 148 x 1.5 = 222.

I’m having trouble keeping up with the 1.5lbs of protien and the limited caloric intake. Any suggestions? (I’ve recently ordered more Whey from America, I’m currently living abroad).

Thanks for all the help.

Also, is there a thread with example meals/food logs? Again thanks

For sure a great diet and one easily transitioned from to fit goals as they change.

Nice work so far.

[quote]Gambit_Lost wrote:
Hi,

Trying the T-Dawg2.0 All Articles - T NATION
, been on it for about 5 weeks now. Seeing serious results, lost about 4.5lbs in June, so thanks to the writers. I’ve got two questions I hope those here can help me with. First, am I doing the calculations for the diet right and any suggestions. Second, can anyone make suggestions as to how to improve my daily ratios? Thanks in advance.

I’m 5’7" short and weigh 148lbs. Stood on some machine the other day that said I had 21% bodyfat. Anyway, Calories should be 148 x 15= 2220. 2220-500=1720. So 1720 per day (right?)[/quote]

Yup thats right remeber to adjust as you lose of progress stalls a simple 250 reduction is usuually more than enough.

[quote]
Protein= 148 x 1.5 = 222.

I’m having trouble keeping up with the 1.5lbs of protien and the limited caloric intake. Any suggestions? (I’ve recently ordered more Whey from America, I’m currently living abroad). [/quote]

Hell trying aiming to get 400-500 ED Man its cake good food. Meat all variety fish included, eggs, cheese, MRP’s

Here its simple

1 chick breast 18g k/cals 120
1 can tuna 42g 190 k cals
2 scoops Metabolic Drive 40g 200 k/cals
1 cup fat free Cott Cheese 25g 120 k/cals
6 egg white 2 whole eggs Large 33+g 236
8 oz lean sirloin steak 44g 432 k/cals

total = 202g 1298k/cals

That has plenty, eat veggies some nuts and you’ll get the extra 20 g along with the carbs and fat you need. the above has some good fats as well.

If you need more go leaner make it 12 egg whites and no yolks add some good fats. opt out of the sirloin and go for 95% lean ground beef. the sirloin equates to roughly 17% lean. Youll save a ton there of k/cals on the fats…

[quote]
Thanks for all the help.

Also, is there a thread with example meals/food logs? Again thanks[/quote]

they give a sample in the article. then sure do a search that diet has been talked about a TON. Its all about making solid choices. Good things like canned and well fresh wild salmon you get the good fats and protein all in one, egg whites, chick breast, make the carbs count eat ones that have either good fats, Nuts, protien beans, or low impact broccili etc…

best of luck,

Hope that helps,
Phill

Thanks Phill

no prob

Additional problems…

I’m living abroad and it’s often hard to find “american” foods.

I just went to the local grocery stores (two) and was unable to locate cottage cheese–that wasn’t horribly overpriced. And the tuna that I was seeing was quite overpriced too, it seems there isn’t much of a market for non-oily-as-hell tuna here. And tuna with the oil= too much calories.

Anyway I would really appricate hearing everyone’s thoughts/strategies.

Today for example I ate two chicken salads, a 3 egg omlete, a hard boiled egg, two proteiin shakes, and two mini-hot dog things and still only came up to 200g of protein… but it is possible my numbers are off a bit…

Again thanks for any suggestions.

oily fish, got to be one of the best protein/fat sources

I’m still having some trouble hitting the numbers I want to hit. I’m seeing results from the diet (65kg (143.65lbs) morning weight saturday…I was probably a bit dehydrated though, a hot night). But I just can’t seem to get enough protein in there.

my daily stats are close to this:

chicken 250g 437.5kcal/77.5g protein
3eggs 225 / 19g
shakes 270 / 47.2
beef (100g) 181 / 28

Totals 1113.5 / 171

I want to try to hit 219 g/day.

I’ll start adding eggwhites which should bring my numbers up 14g, but I’m still 35 or so grams short.

Cottage cheese is not available (abroad). I’m looking into tuna now. I’m also looking into figuring out how to cook fish.

Thanks for any/all advice.