T-Dawg diet

I have read through the diet and it seems like it would be fairly easy to follow. It does seem to be unhealthy with all the consumed fats. Is this a dangerous diet? What would you do after the eight weeks to go back to a regular diet? Can you be smart and eat carbs, or do you have to follow this high fat, low carb thing all the time.

Eric G

Just to add one more thing: I checked out the FAQ section and the Q & A section on the diet. I want some personal experiences if you have them.

Read the ‘Eat Like a Man’ articles too. DiPasquale’s book explains why fat is not dangerous, although I’d still go light of the saturated stuff.

Eric,
Here is a messaage that I posted on the forum a few weeks ago about my personal opinion of the T-Dawg diet:

Hey guys! I just wanted to give you a ideal of my dieting experience. I have been using
a diet plan very similar to the one that Flaxoil was talking about. It is also very similar to
the T-Dawg diet except I do not eat the mess-o-greens meal. My theory is that after I
have consumed caarbohydrates (post-workout) then most of the fat in the mess-o-greens
will be stored as fat (just a theory). Here is a rough outline of my diet on a workout
day: 1st Meal:4 Eggs and 3 pieces of sausage. 2nd Meal:4 pieces of string cheese and
a 2 ounce pack of peanuts. 3rd Meal:4-6 ounces of steak of lean ground beef (it doesn’t
have to be lean meat). 4th Meal (1 hour before workout):35 grams of a high glycemic
carbohydrate dink with 5-10 grams of creatine and maybe a stimulate to help get
through my workout. 5th Meal: 2 scoops of Grow! mixed with 2-3 cups of 2% milk. 6th
Meal:Same as 5th meal. On non-workout days I folow the same nutritional plan except
I substitute a very low carb and low fat High protein drink for my 4th meal and I also do
not consume my 6 th meal (depending on how I feel). There are more specifics to my
diet but these are my basic guidelines. I definetely feel as though this is the best and
most convenient diet for me.

Well, having just finished a paper on the benefits of fats (yep, even those nasty saturated ones that people try to avoid) and the drawbacks of carbs (especially refined ones and grains–yeah, I said grains), I wanted to drop my 2 cents and say that if you do the t-dawg diet and avoid transfats and vegetable oils (except for ones like flax, hemp, and tropical oils), the higher fat in the diet will, for most people, be a health benefit. Don’t get caught up in the USDA hype (also don’t get caught up in the low-carb hype… if you’ve got the time, look at the actually studies cited that tell you that saturated fats clog your arteries… if you’ve got even more time go check out varying statistical analyses of the diets that appear to tell you that saturated fat’ll kill you… you’ll see what I mean).

Thanks for the replys. I did a lot of reading last night at this site and I must say it seems to have some very good info. I am swaying towards the anabolic diet now. I am going to get DiPasquale’s book. Dystopiate: Where could I find this information on the things that you mentioned? It is too bad that government and FDA drills things into consumers heads; it makes other concepts and ideas very hard to grasp. Thanks again, ericg

For the most part, to get your hands on the info, you’d have to go get the journals in which they’re published. Residing in a college gives me access to lots of journals I’d otherwise have to pay for. For pro-fat commentary on the studies, a good source is pretty much anything written by Mary Enigs. Unfortunately, unless you can get at the studies themselves, you’re left bouncing around between peoples’ commentaries.