T-Dawg Diet Help

I’m just about at the end of week 8 of the T-Dawg and results so far have been impressive, but I’ve noticed over the past 2-3 weeks my physique has seemed to change less rapidly than it did the first 5-6 weeks. I started with 190 lbs @ 14.1% bf and weighed myself yesterday, came in about 182 lbs (BF currently unknown). My diet looks like the following:

6:30/7:30 AM
6 whole eggs
1/4 cup Mozz cheese
1/4 cup Cheddar cheese
1 bowl Quaker oatmeal with 2/3 cup skim milk

10:00/11:00 AM
1 oz beef jerkey
1 handful planters mixed nuts

1:00/2:00 PM
2 cans white albacore tuna mixed w/mike’s red hot

4:00/5:00 PM
1 scoop Metabolic Drive w/8 oz water

5:45 - 6:45 (MWF) = Lift
1 serving Surge during/post workout

7:00/7:30 PM
6 oz chicken breast
1 can white albacore tuna
1-2 cups green beans

9:30/10:00 PM
1/4 cup 1% milk fat cottage cheese
1 TSP fish oils (TwinLab fish oils)

Non-lifting days total up to around:
2050 kcal
268.5g protein
54g carbs

Lifting days total:
2390 kcal
293.5g protein
100g carbs

Am I consuming too many calories so that my weight has leveled out? Do I need to cut calories? Also, until I get my BF checked (probably this weekend), in the event I’m losing muscle mass, what should I tweak to cease/increase my mass (my weights have remained the same, if not gone up a few lbs: squat 275x5 for 5 sets >> ~290x5 for 5 sets).

I’ve also been using HRX for the past 2 months and have a 3rd bottle which I may use in the last 4 weeks (would anyone recommend taking HRX for 3 months straight?).

My cardio has been relatively good (4-5 days a week w/2-3 days of HIIT pre-breakfast), but in the past 1-2 weeks, it’s tampered off due to school work and I’m guessing this is the reason for the hindered results.

Mainly, are my calories too high and should I use the 3rd bottle of HRX for the last 4 weeks or not? And if I am losing muscle mass, what should I tweak in order to stop/re-add a few lbs?

Thank you very much.

So you were on that exact diet for 8 weeks, and lost 8 pounds? (according to the #'s you posted)
Take any measurements, waist, etc? What about strength levels, did they increase/decrease/maintain? It’s hard to tell much without some more information.

[quote]srm522 wrote:
I’m just about at the end of week 8 of the T-Dawg and results so far have been impressive, but I’ve noticed over the past 2-3 weeks my physique has seemed to change less rapidly than it did the first 5-6 weeks. I started with 190 lbs @ 14.1% bf and weighed myself yesterday, came in about 182 lbs (BF currently unknown). My diet looks like the following:

6:30/7:30 AM
6 whole eggs
1/4 cup Mozz cheese
1/4 cup Cheddar cheese
1 bowl Quaker oatmeal with 2/3 cup skim milk

10:00/11:00 AM
1 oz beef jerkey
1 handful planters mixed nuts

1:00/2:00 PM
2 cans white albacore tuna mixed w/mike’s red hot

4:00/5:00 PM

5:45 - 6:45 (MWF) = Lift
1 serving Surge during/post workout

7:00/7:30 PM
6 oz chicken breast
1 can white albacore tuna
1-2 cups green beans

9:30/10:00 PM
1/4 cup 1% milk fat cottage cheese
1 TSP fish oils (TwinLab fish oils)

Non-lifting days total up to around:
2050 kcal
268.5g protein
54g carbs

Lifting days total:
2390 kcal
293.5g protein
100g carbs

Am I consuming too many calories so that my weight has leveled out? Do I need to cut calories? Also, until I get my BF checked (probably this weekend), in the event I’m losing muscle mass, what should I tweak to cease/increase my mass (my weights have remained the same, if not gone up a few lbs: squat 275x5 for 5 sets >> ~290x5 for 5 sets).

I’ve also been using HRX for the past 2 months and have a 3rd bottle which I may use in the last 4 weeks (would anyone recommend taking HRX for 3 months straight?).

My cardio has been relatively good (4-5 days a week w/2-3 days of HIIT pre-breakfast), but in the past 1-2 weeks, it’s tampered off due to school work and I’m guessing this is the reason for the hindered results.

Mainly, are my calories too high and should I use the 3rd bottle of HRX for the last 4 weeks or not? And if I am losing muscle mass, what should I tweak in order to stop/re-add a few lbs?

Thank you very much.[/quote]

Look at the mirror, clothes and BF not so much the scale. If your lifts are going up and all around performance then its likely you are hitting the holy grail and gaining Muscle (heavy) and losing fat (light) hence the stagnation in weight loss. weight loss is over rated.

If you stick at the same level, weight for more than a few weks and BF doesnt change then sure its time for further k/cal reduction if you are not yet at your goal. as you lose you need less intake toi maintain. Plus your metabolism has slowed some.

what is your training like doing any cardio. If no add in a day of cardio. Adding just ione little simple thing can make a big change dont go all balls to the walls adding ten cardio session add them as needed for further assistance to your goal.

Sure you can use the 3rd bottle of HOT-ROX thats 12 weeks you say. From memory thats what Cy Willson suggests as the time limit he uses for a break from any and all supps, 12 weeks then take a week or two off ALL of them.

Great progress keep it up,

Phill