T Nation

T-Dawg Diet 2.0 Caloric Intake Guidelines?

I’m beginning the T-Dawg diet along with EDT, but what I cannot find is caloric intake information in the T-Dawg Diet articles. I see the multiply body weight in pounds by 15, which for me is 170x15, yielding 2550. Then it doesn’t explain further.

I know that you are limited on carbs, so on off days you can take in ~280kcal of carbs, and on training days ~400kcal.

Using 1.5g Protein / lb. of body weight yields 255g of protein, or 1020kcal.

This sum is ~1300kcal on off days, ~1420kcal on lifting days, not including fats.

What isn’t provided is how limited you should cut your caloric intake. Does anyone have suggestions or can point me to an explanation that I missed? I’ve been searching for a while now to no avail.

You couldn’t find this part right here:

We suggest you multiply your bodyweight (in pounds) by the number 15 and start from there. So a 200 pound man would eat 3000 calories a day. After a week, he’d drop that by 500 calories. Now, we used to say that the average person should lose about a pound or two per week without losing muscle, but it’s a little more complex than that. See, if you’re really overweight, you’ll be able to lose several pounds per week safely (at least at first). By safely, we mean without losing too much muscle. But if you’re already fairly lean and are just trying to get super-shredded for summer, then the fat won’t come off that quickly and the “pound per week” rule of thumb is about right.

And where in there does it outline the specific quantities one should consume? It says, “after a week he’d drop that by 500.” Does that mean you only drop 500 from your bodyweight*15, or continue to drop further?

Also, in my first post, I recognized this part of the article (even stating my intake and this ‘-500’ statement in the article).

I was looking for hard numbers, more or less regarding fat intake.

Sorry, I didn’t know you couldn’t do the math.

The article says to use 1.5 g Protein/lb bodyweight, 100/70 g Carbs (100 g workout days, 70 non-workout days). The rest would be composed of fat. I won’t do the math for you but I’ll tell you this, protein has 4 cals/g, carbs have 4cals/g and fat has 9 cals/g.

Now, you are wondering how low you should go on cals, you need to base that on yourself. Some people can go fairly low and still be productive in the weight room. Others can’t. For me, 2000 cals is low and I really can’t get a good workout in. At ~2250 I’m doing ok. As the article says, it really depends on you and the mirror. You can always keep your calories the same and increase your workload (extra HIIT or additional low intensity work like walks).

Hope that helps.

[quote]Arioch wrote:
Now, you are wondering how low you should go on cals, you need to base that on yourself. Some people can go fairly low and still be productive in the weight room. Others can’t. For me, 2000 cals is low and I really can’t get a good workout in. At ~2250 I’m doing ok. As the article says, it really depends on you and the mirror. You can always keep your calories the same and increase your workload (extra HIIT or additional low intensity work like walks).

Hope that helps.[/quote]

That’s all I needed. Thank you.

Next time don’t be such an ass. I do know the kcal/gram of macronutrients, and don’t need or ask to be treated like a three year old. I merely asked what caloric requirement I should shoot for as a whole, as the workout didn’t give ‘hard numbers’ like I was looking for.

[quote]Hugo82 wrote:
Arioch wrote:

Hope that helps.

That’s all I needed. Thank you.

Next time don’t be such an ass. I do know the kcal/gram of macronutrients, and don’t need or ask to be treated like a three year old. I merely asked what caloric requirement I should shoot for as a whole, as the workout didn’t give ‘hard numbers’ like I was looking for.

[/quote]

If he answered your question, he wasn’t an ass. You asked for information that was in the article you already stated that you read. Since you are using and typing in this forum it’s obvious you know how to read… just figure out the math now.

Hugo82 - goose egg
math - 1