T Nation

T-Dawg 3.0

CS recently stated that the T-Dawg diet could use an updating to 3.0. 2.0 is the diet that I began with the new year. Since I’m on it, I’m wondering what some of those updates may be.

[quote]bino wrote:
CS recently stated that the T-Dawg diet could use an updating to 3.0. 2.0 is the diet that I began with the new year. Since I’m on it, I’m wondering what some of those updates may be.[/quote]

I second that.

Me Three!

Me too (or four, if you want).

2.0 is fine. Sure, we’d tweak it if rewriting it, but sticking to 2.0 would be plenty effective. You may have to update the supplement recommendations however. Those are probably pretty dated.

I believe I’ve answered this question a few times before in detail, so run a search and maybe it’ll come up.

Sorry, but right now I’ve got my mind wrapped around this upcoming diet experiment ( http://www.t-nation.com/readTopic.do?id=538216 ) and just don’t want to rehash the T-Dawg 2.0 just yet.

The main change I can think of would be to again increase the allowable carb intake, based on the newer articles T-mag has on post workout nutrition. I believe you are allowed 70 grams on non-workout days, and 100 on workout days.

I’d keep carbs on non-workout days as-is, but I think carbs on workout days would need to be increased. You’d probably want to consume around 50 grams of carbs between breakfast and lunch, and in the evening after working out, you’d get about 50grams with one serving of surge, and I beleive John Berardi recommends a meal about an hour later - I’m not sure what the carb content of that meal should be, but I imagine around 25-30 grams.

Anyway, that’s my best guess as to what should be updated, and that’s what I’m doing right now. If anyone has other ideas/recommendations, Id be interested to hear them.

[quote]Chris Shugart wrote:
2.0 is fine. Sure, we’d tweak it if rewriting it, but sticking to 2.0 would be plenty effective. You may have to update the supplement recommendations however. Those are probably pretty dated.

I believe I’ve answered this question a few times before in detail, so run a search and maybe it’ll come up.

Sorry, but right now I’ve got my mind wrapped around this upcoming diet experiment ( http://www.t-nation.com/readTopic.do?id=538216 ) and just don’t want to rehash the T-Dawg 2.0 just yet.

[/quote]

Thanks for the reply. I was concerned there was something that would obviously need to be changed due to experience and/or science. But since it’s only a matter of tweaking, I’ll stick to 2.0 as written. An update at some point in the future would be very cool though.

1 Like