T-Dawg 2.0

anybody know of any active links for calorie calculator for t-dawg 2.0.the one in the article does not work ?

i really don’t mean to jack your thread but i had some basic questions about the t-dawg 2.0 diet and i figured we could lump them together and save people some time. i know there are a ton of people on here who have had great results with the diet so i’m going to give it a go and just had some questions-

1. after the initial week and the 500kcal drop how long should you wait to drop kcals again? (i realize this is probably tied to your progress but what is a good guide?)

2. when you are figuring you’re daily calorie needs initially you take your BW x 15 for base number of calories (in my case 260lbsx15=3900kcals/day). from that you subtract protein calories of 1.5 x BW (260x1.5=390grams/4=1560kcals a day from protein leaving 2,340kcals) minus the calories from carbs (70g x 4 = 280kcals a day from carbs leaving 2,060kcals) the remaining 2,060 kcals being fat which would be ~228 fat grams??? is that correct?

3. the base calorie level for the t-dawg diet is quite a bit higher than the base calorie level for my current diet, should that be a concern?

if anyone can help me answer any of those questions the help would be greatly appreciated. thanks again.

[quote]brunottfn wrote:
anybody know of any active links for calorie calculator for t-dawg 2.0.the one in the article does not work ?[/quote]

UM nope just use a hand on calculator like the one on your comp. Its a very simple equation simple math.

Best of luck great diet.

Phillk

[quote]CS wrote:
i really don’t mean to jack your thread but i had some basic questions about the t-dawg 2.0 diet and i figured we could lump them together and save people some time. i know there are a ton of people on here who have had great results with the diet so i’m going to give it a go and just had some questions-

1. after the initial week and the 500kcal drop how long should you wait to drop kcals again? (i realize this is probably tied to your progress but what is a good guide?) [/quote]

Stay there AS LONG AS POSSIBLE. as long as you are losing 1 lb a week no more than 2 stay there. You dont want to wreck Havoc on your metabolism.

[quote]
2. when you are figuring you’re daily calorie needs initially you take your BW x 15 for base number of calories (in my case 260lbsx15=3900kcals/day). from that you subtract protein calories of 1.5 x BW (260x1.5=390grams/4=1560kcals a day from protein leaving 2,340kcals) minus the calories from carbs (70g x 4 = 280kcals a day from carbs leaving 2,060kcals) the remaining 2,060 kcals being fat which would be ~228 fat grams??? is that correct?[/quote]

Yup looks good for a starting place. Also you can have MORE protein as long as you get AT LEAST that amount.

I will add that if you being 260 if thats a SOLID 260 then use the above. If that is a Fat soft 260 you might consider a bit lower intake. Its dependentg on the person. The fiugres on the diet work good but like any arent perfect be ready to adjust up or down based on progress. Oh and give things two weeks to show true results. Any change.

[quote]
3. the base calorie level for the t-dawg diet is quite a bit higher than the base calorie level for my current diet, should that be a concern?[/quote]

Id say no. Like many you could be under eating trying to diet. Plus what foods are you eating on the current diet.

Hope that helps,
Phill

I’ll just add, don’t get too wrapped up in all the numbers. Eat the recomended foods, try to stay somewhere in the calorie guidlines, and close to the fat / protein /carb recomendations, and you’ll likely have good results.

When I did T-Dawg 2, I followed the guidlines very loosely, and just ate from the recomended foods, and it worked well for me.

|/ 3Toes

thanks a lot guys i appreciate the input. i just had one more question that i wanted to ask. when you are talking about the carb-up day what is a general guideline for how many additional carbs to eat on that day? the article says nothing. thanks a lot guys.

[quote]The3toedSloth wrote:
I’ll just add, don’t get too wrapped up in all the numbers. Eat the recomended foods, try to stay somewhere in the calorie guidlines, and close to the fat / protein /carb recomendations, and you’ll likely have good results.

When I did T-Dawg 2, I followed the guidlines very loosely, and just ate from the recomended foods, and it worked well for me.

|/ 3Toes[/quote]
what was your diet like before you did t-dawg?