T Nation

T-Dawg 2.0 Too Little Calories?

My friend wants to start BB Next Frontier using T-dawg 2.0. Would this not be too little calories or should he try it?

You do realize that the program works up to 8 sessions a week, don’t you? No, I don’t think anyone can recommend a calorically restricted diet while doing this program. 100 g of carbs on training days? I don’t think so.

what about at the beginning and once its tws session days bump up the carbs?

Wow…

Ok, HFT is meant for someone looking pack on mass. CW’s theory revolves around the recovery of the CNS, not necessarily the muscle. If you arent getting enough nutrients to repair the muscles, then you wont reap the benefits.

When you are calorically restriced your body has a reduced capacity to repair muscle…do you really think your body could repair that fast?

I don’t see why you’d want to. This is a hypertrophy program. If you want to make gains, eat a lot and do the program. If you want to cut, do T-Dawg and find a program suitable for cutting. He can try if he really wants to, but I just don’t see the point. Honestly, if you’re not eating enough to recover, you might even stand to lose muscle.

Thanks I am doing the summer project with t-dawg 2.o and when my friend saw the next frontier he said it was the same except for the 2 in a day training. He thought the problem with “summer project” was that you dont really work the chest a lot except with dips and that you work your legs too much.

The summer project is very different. Your buddy sounds like one of those guys who goes in on monday and does a bunch of bench variations. I’ve done the summer project and loved every bit of it. It gets pretty brutal too, especially those circuits.

yeah he is he only does a couple sets of squats and then its off to the chest and arms…I have a little off topic question, when benching at a gym with a 45 lbs bar do people count the weight of the bar in there total? some guys at the gym say they dont because with 45 lbs plates you always get an odd number like 135 and so on.

[quote]dorianzane wrote:
yeah he is he only does a couple sets of squats and then its off to the chest and arms…I have a little off topic question, when benching at a gym with a 45 lbs bar do people count the weight of the bar in there total? some guys at the gym say they dont because with 45 lbs plates you always get an odd number like 135 and so on.[/quote]

The bar is weight, so yes, you count it. It’s foolish to not.

Are odd numbers that difficult that these guys in your gym can’t handle them?

Look at it this way: if you are squatting, does your body really care whether the weight is in the form of a bar or plates? It still has to move all that weight.

[quote]Defender wrote:
Are odd numbers that difficult that these guys in your gym can’t handle them?

Look at it this way: if you are squatting, does your body really care whether the weight is in the form of a bar or plates? It still has to move all that weight.[/quote]

Yeah I know yesturday was the first day I went to check out the gym, I usually workout in my house, but like I said I hearsd a lot of tings when I was there. These are the type of guys that were doing 3 deadlifts they would then stretch out go drink water talk a little and then put there gloves on and finally do another set.

[quote]dorianzane wrote:

Yeah I know yesturday was the first day I went to check out the gym, I usually workout in my house, but like I said I hearsd a lot of tings when I was there. These are the type of guys that were doing 3 deadlifts they would then stretch out go drink water talk a little and then put there gloves on and finally do another set.
[/quote]
If they have the energy to talk a little in between sets, you really have to question just how serious they are. I wouldn’t put much stock in what they say.

[quote]Defender wrote:
dorianzane wrote:

If they have the energy to talk a little in between sets, you really have to question just how serious they are. I wouldn’t put much stock in what they say.
[/quote]

What on earth are you talking about? Unless you’re doing high rep squats or using very short periods of rest between lifts, there’s no reason why you wouldn’t be able to talk between sets. If you’re so out of energy between sets that you can’t even say a few sentences, what makes you think you’re going to be able to lift the weights to your full capacity?

[quote]cap’nsalty wrote:

What on earth are you talking about? Unless you’re doing high rep squats or using very short periods of rest between lifts, there’s no reason why you wouldn’t be able to talk between sets. If you’re so out of energy between sets that you can’t even say a few sentences, what makes you think you’re going to be able to lift the weights to your full capacity?[/quote]

From the description the OP gave, these guys aren’t that fatigued between sets of deadlifts if they have time to remove their gloves, do some stretching, go get something to drink, and chit chat before doing another set. It sounds more like socializing rather than lifting.

[quote]Defender wrote:
cap’nsalty wrote:

What on earth are you talking about? Unless you’re doing high rep squats or using very short periods of rest between lifts, there’s no reason why you wouldn’t be able to talk between sets. If you’re so out of energy between sets that you can’t even say a few sentences, what makes you think you’re going to be able to lift the weights to your full capacity?

From the description the OP gave, these guys aren’t that fatigued between sets of deadlifts if they have time to remove their gloves, do some stretching, go get something to drink, and chit chat before doing another set. It sounds more like socializing rather than lifting.[/quote]

Exactly these guys are not there to lift, from what I saw they were just trying to pick up on girls on taking up space.