T-Dawg 2.0 Support for WSP

Just thought I’d start a support thread to go along with Chad Waterbury’s ‘Waterbury Summer Project’.

http://www.T-Nation.com/readTopic.do?id=996446

The link to the T-Dawg 2.0 Diet:

http://www.T-Nation.com/findArticle.do?article=243tdawg2

I just thought it would be good for those of us trying out the WSP to post our meal plans, or ask questions about the diet, give support etc. without having to sort through the other longer threads, and without blowing up Chad’s training thread too much.

good idea!

Matt

non workout day

MEAL ONE - Breakfast 6:30
(P+C)
2 servings of POST Original Shredded Wheat ?N Bran
2 servings of Grow!
2 Cups Fat Free Milk
Apple
2 Tbls of Pumpkin
1 Cup Mixed Berries

MEAL TWO - Snack 9:00
(P+F)
8oz Lean Meat (Chicken, Turkey, Beef, Eggs)
1 Can of Green Vegetable (Spinach, Green Beans, Brussels Sprouts, Green Peas)
1 serving of Udos

MEAL THREE - Lunch 12:00
(P+F)
Can of Tuna or Salmon
12oz of Spicy V8 Juice
1/2 Bag of Mixed Green Salad w/ Olive Oil and Vineger
Onion
Bell Pepper (1/2 Red and 1/2 Green)
Cheese
1/2 Avocado

MEAL FOUR - Snack 3:00
(P+F)
1 Can of Green Vegetable (Spinach, Green Beans, Brussels sprouts. Green Peas)
1 Serving of Udos

MEAL FIVE - Dinner 6:00
(P+F)
1 Can of Green Vegetable (Spinach, Green Beans, Brussels sprouts. Green Peas)

MEAL SIX - Dinner 9:00
(P+F)
2 Servings of Grow!
1 Serving of Udos
2 Cloves of Garlic

Not sure if im doing CWSP but I am doing the Dawg, Great Idea though!

good idea…I am currently developing a Flash piece that lays out my meal plans for me…I enter in my body weight, and tehn it lays out my diet plan according to teh T-Dawg guidlines…

Eventually I would like to turn it into a RIA where I can select certain foods for each meal, etc…just gotta start laying out all the logic…

Howdy,

Im gonna jump in on the WSP. I was calculating out my macros for the first week, before I drop any calories. Im supposed to eat about 2700Kcal, approx. 270g PRO, 70/100g CHO, this leaves me with about 148g of fat, or roughly 1300Kcal of fats.

I assume Ive calculated this out right. Im at 180lbs, so I started with 180x15 like the Dawg says. Just seems like my fat intake is going to be out of this world!! Does this look about right? Ive been worried about how to get enough fats in without just taking flax and fish oil by the fistful…

Josh

[quote]EnTransit wrote:
Howdy,

Im gonna jump in on the WSP. I was calculating out my macros for the first week, before I drop any calories. Im supposed to eat about 2700Kcal, approx. 270g PRO, 70/100g CHO, this leaves me with about 148g of fat, or roughly 1300Kcal of fats.

I assume Ive calculated this out right. Im at 180lbs, so I started with 180x15 like the Dawg says. Just seems like my fat intake is going to be out of this world!! Does this look about right? Ive been worried about how to get enough fats in without just taking flax and fish oil by the fistful…

Josh[/quote]

try some nuts…1/4 cup of walnuts is like 20 gram fat.

[quote]EnTransit wrote:
Howdy,

Josh[/quote]

Tablespoons of Extra Virgin Olive Oil helps too. If you eat salads, or spinach salads, you can add the oil to that, with some vinegar and seasoning.

I have those salads 2-3 times a day.

Sat. fat is usually easy to get, but not if the majority of your meat is non-beef meats.

The others I just get from Flameout, which isn’t a whole lot.

[quote]xjayx300 wrote:
good idea…I am currently developing a Flash piece that lays out my meal plans for me…I enter in my body weight, and tehn it lays out my diet plan according to teh T-Dawg guidlines…

Eventually I would like to turn it into a RIA where I can select certain foods for each meal, etc…just gotta start laying out all the logic…[/quote]

Thats sounds cool, are you going to share this with us? :slight_smile:

[quote]Dobermann wrote:
Thats sounds cool, are you going to share this with us? :slight_smile:
[/quote]

That is my ultimate plan. I will link to it once I get the beta version done.

I’ll be starting the Summer Project and the T-Dawg tommorrow as well.

Rather than doing the “transition week” as they mentioned, I’m still going to monitor carbs closely, but they are going to be a little higher than the recommended figures for the first week (~130/100, rather than the recommended 100/70).

I do have a couple of questions, though.

The article mentions a 500 calorie drop in the second week of the diet. Is this the only drop? I’m also assuming that the calorie drop is almost exclusively fat calories, since they never mention any drop in protein (below the recommended 1.5g/lb), or dropping below the 100/70g of carbs.

Also, in following the Summer Project, are the weight training days and the HIIT days all days where 100g carbs would be allowed?

Thanks.

[quote]BigMentz wrote:
I’ll be starting the Summer Project and the T-Dawg tommorrow as well.

Rather than doing the “transition week” as they mentioned, I’m still going to monitor carbs closely, but they are going to be a little higher than the recommended figures for the first week (~130/100, rather than the recommended 100/70).

I do have a couple of questions, though.

The article mentions a 500 calorie drop in the second week of the diet. Is this the only drop? I’m also assuming that the calorie drop is almost exclusively fat calories, since they never mention any drop in protein (below the recommended 1.5g/lb), or dropping below the 100/70g of carbs.

Also, in following the Summer Project, are the weight training days and the HIIT days all days where 100g carbs would be allowed?

Thanks.[/quote]

For the calorie drop, all other factors staying equal I think you are right. This may mean you just switch to leaner cuts of meat, because its hard to get in as much fat as they propose on the first week.

As far as CHO on his days, you would take in a PWO drink. Me personally, I dont take in a PWO after cardio, but thats just me. I know most people probably do, and its probably a good idea to.

Josh

I’m not sure if there are any T-Dawg veterans checking this thread, but I wanted to throw a question out to those who may have played with the nutrient amounts.

For the past few months I’ve been focusing on adding plenty of vegetables and fruits to my diet (a serving with every meal per Berardi’s recommendations - mostly blueberries, spinach, broccoli, tomatoes as recommended by TC in his “Power Foods” article a few months back).

Anyway, I’m proud of myself for altering my diet regimine in such a positive way, but now T-Dawg calls for 100/70 grams of carbs per day. This is pretty tough to do while including any significant amount of vegetables. I’ve been thinking of giving myself some “wiggle room” on the carb requirements to allow decent servings of veggies.

Afterall, I believe someone on T-Nation was noted that they never saw anyone get fat from eating too much broccoli. Do the benefits of eating these healthy foods outweigh the added carbs? Or should I suck it up and follow the diet as written?

Thoughts?

Nick

So, how is everyone doing out there?

I’m on day 5 of the diet (about to do day 3 of the CWP in a couple of hours). It’s the first time I’ve ever been this strict with calories and nutrient intake levels. I’ve been within 10g of the target values for protein/fat/carbs everyday so far, so I think I’m doing OK.

It’s also the first time I’ve restricted carbs, and today, I seem to be crashing hard. I’ve noticed in the first four days that I am getting hungry about an hour after a meal. Today, the hunger has been constant. Energy level seems a little low, too. I’m hanging in, but that workout later today is going to be a beast.

Can’t wait for that cheat meal tomorrow…