T-Dawg 2.0 Diet Question

Ok, so I’ve been battling to drop off that excess fat that built up during my final semester at college. You know how it is, do I study for another eight hours to make sure I graduate or go do something more fun? Well, I did gained some extra weight because of more than normal inactivity.

I did pretty well during my initial phase on a lower carb diet and was really noticing results but have since stopped because I was getting really weak and was even starting to get symptoms like getting dizzy in the evenings. I have read about the T-Dawg diet and have begun making out a diet based on it but I have one question.

I weigh 215 lbs. and have calculated my caloric needs to be 3225 (215*15). On the T-Dawg diet you consume roughly 1.5 grams of protein per pound of bodyweight which puts me at 322.5 and only 100 grams of carbohydrates.

After doing the math this puts me at only 1690 calories. Do I get the rest of those calories from fat? I understand the concept of a higher fat diet and how my body uses it for energy, but if these numbers are correct than I would take in approximately 170.5 grams of fat to meet my caloric goal of 3225. This just doesn’t seem right.

Does anybody have any input on this? It would be greatly appreciated!

you are correct. I’m about 230lbs. and when I was low carbing it (a la T-Dawg), my numbers were pretty similar to yours.

all my carbs came from veggies and Surge and a little from nuts.

I was eating about 300g protein, 100 carbs, and about 150g carbs (about 2950 calories). I could have and maybe should have increased the protein, but I made great progress, so i’m ok with it.

Awesome, thanks for the information. I’m going to post my diet in a few minutes and maybe you guys can let me know if it looks about right.

Ok, so here is what my diet looks like right now. I guess I’m just a little freaked out about adding all those extra calories from fat, somebody have any suggestions?

Based on the T-Dawg diet here are my requirements:
Weight 215
Calories Needed 3225
Protein Needed 322.5
Carbs Needed 100
Fat Needed 170.56

Meal 1 Protein Carbs Fat
6 Egg Whites 22 0 0
½ Cup Oatmeal 5 27 2.5
2 tbsp. Peanut Butter 8 6 16

Meal 2
2 Servings Protein 60 1 1
Orange 0 22 0

Meal 3
9 Oz. Chicken 43 0 0
½ Cup Brown Rice 0 23 0
1 Cup Broccoli 6
1 tbsp. Olive Oil 0 0 13.5

Meal 4
1.5 oz peanuts 10.5 7.5 21

Meal 5
9 Oz. Chicken 43 0 0
2 ¾ Cups Spinach 0 3 0

Meal 6

Total 311.5 97.5 69.5
Calories 1246 390 625.5
Percentage 55.10% 17.25% 27.66%
Total Calories 2261.5

^ BUMP ^

[quote]Phreaks wrote:
Ok, so here is what my diet looks like right now. I guess I’m just a little freaked out about adding all those extra calories from fat, somebody have any suggestions?

Based on the T-Dawg diet here are my requirements:
Weight 215
Calories Needed 3225
Protein Needed 322.5
Carbs Needed 100
Fat Needed 170.56

Meal 1 Protein Carbs Fat
6 Egg Whites 22 0 0
½ Cup Oatmeal 5 27 2.5

Meal 2
Orange 0 22 0

Meal 3
9 Oz. Chicken 43 0 0
½ Cup Brown Rice 0 23 0
1 Cup Broccoli 6

Meal 4
1.5 oz peanuts 10.5 7.5 21

Meal 5
9 Oz. Chicken 43 0 0
2 ¾ Cups Spinach 0 3 0

Meal 6

Total 311.5 97.5 69.5
Calories 1246 390 625.5
Percentage 55.10% 17.25% 27.66%
Total Calories 2261.5
[/quote]

Am I reading this correct?

Your needed calories are about 1000 less than actual calories?

Yes, that’s where I was looking for advice. I am pretty close to my protein and carb needs. I am mostly not sure what to do for the fats. I am also just really unsure of getting that many more calories from fat.

Don’t worry about, that is almost exactly how I was eating, and I am the leanest i’ve been, ever.

I had to get over the high fat thing too, now I’m having trouble getting healthy carbs back in without feeling like I’m going to get crazy fat again.

Eat the whole egg that’s another 27 grams fat without increasing food volume.

Also, that is too many protein shakes, how the hell do you afford going through a 5 pound tub in 2 weeks? Also, in the same vein, you aren’t eating any red meat, or any meat with fats in it. Get some 85% lean beef, and that will add some healthy saturated fats to your diet (which you have none of). Eat chicken thighs, not breasts. Other red meat as well, buffalo, lamb, lean pork.

FAT IS NOT BAD! EAT IT!

You’ve done the math, you see it on paper that those calories are appropriate, you have confirmation from another guy of similar size that something like this plan worked, so go for it. Don’t calculate what you need then not eat that. You know what I mean?

Right on man, thanks for the info and the support. The protein thing is convenience, I do spend most of my day at work jumping from site to site and don’t really have anywhere to make a meal. I will just have to do some better meal prep over the weekend.

I’m gonna update this thread to hopefully help other people out doing the same thing and let them see how well the diet works. I’ll have a new one posted tomorrow. It’s Costco time baby!

Here’s a few photos I took today as BEFORE photos. Here is a front view.

An attempt at a side view, kind of hard to do it alone with a cell phone.

Legs.

Ok, follow T-Dawg for a year, lift consistently and hard, and then come back with more pics.

Good Luck (though luck has nothing to do with it)!

Thanks, I’m going to the grocery store today after the gym and am going to stock up on the food. What’s really cool is that I got my mom to start training as well to help her with her own health issues. She’s probably one of the only parents I know that checks to make sure that I’m getting my meals in and that they are clean. Most moms I know would rather see their kids eat a bunch of junk.

I am just doing an update for those people that may still be actually reading this thread. The high protein/fat, lower carb diet is going really well. I can already notice a difference and I am beginning to notice a bit more definition in the abdominal area.

It’s really weird that I have upped my calorie intake quite substantially but I am still shedding off fat and gaining strength. I would T-Dawg dieting to anybody wanting to begin dropping a few pounds without going insane from something like the V-Diet.