T-Dawg 2.0, Carbs?

Hey I want to do this diet and I know the new one prescribes higher carbs (100/70 for training/off days respectively) can I reduce this in favour of more fat? No particular reason, it’s just I wonder how necessary are the carbs, and I would just rather eat more fat. So it would be more like the old T-Dawg with 30/70 or something ratios.

Also, I need help in setting up my healthy carb up, which I plan to do on Saturdays. Is it best to do this on workout days or off days? My plan is to basically eat maintenance calories with very low fat and 1g protein/lb with the rest carbs, over a 24 hour period.

Are there better refeed options than this? I’ve heard of simply refeeding over shorter periods (6-12 hours) with high GI carbs after a workout, once a week, does anybody have experience with this or can give me advice on this?

Thanks.

It sounds like you are doing less of a T-Dawg 2.0 and more towards the Anabolic Diet with the carb re-feed days. The point of adding in the extra carbs (which are really still pretty low) was not to go into an extreme low carb situation, but allow some additional carbs (ideally early in the morning and around workouts) to avoid the low carb blahs. I don’t necessarily think you can’t or shouldn’t change up T-Dawg to suit your needs, but at some point, it’s not really T-Dawg any more.

Sweet as, I’ll keep carbs 70/100 then.

What about weekends, do you still refeed for 1 day? If so, what’s the protocol on this? I assume if you refeed Saturday you get back on the diet Sunday so basically 6 days on T-Dawg + 1 refeed right?

Yup one refeed day 6 none. As well some opeople opt for a single all out refeed meal. and find that works best other can do the Day thing.

Just find what works best for you.

If you haven’t looked yet, try here for some more ideas to help with your set-up: http://www.t-nation.com/readTopic.do?id=460638