T-Dawg 2.0 Carb Question

Quick Q - based on the meal plan in the example - how can you keep carbs to 100g when you include PWO shake, oatmeal, mixed veggies & salad? My little pouches of steamed veggies alone are 150g…

I don’t recall, but does the diet include the carbs from green veggies? Many low carb diets don’t count those.

I have read that myself in other diets, but i planned to treat a carb as a carb, but that sure as hell will make the diet easier!

[quote]sjfou wrote:
My little pouches of steamed veggies alone are 150g…[/quote]

Huh? That would mean your vegetables contained over 600 calories. I am looking at a one-pound bag of broccoli: It contains 125 calories and 20 grams of total carbs.

Green beans are the most carb-rich vegetable. (Corn and potatoes aren’t vegetables.) You would need to even several cups of green beans to end up 150 grams of carbs:
http://www.calorie-count.com/calories/item/99956.html

You would need to eat several bake potatoes to get 150 grams of carbs.

You would need to consume three full servings of Surge to get 150 grams of carbs.

Are you seeing the handwriting on the wall?

You are either misreading the label, or your “veggies” are full of sugar-laden sauces.

My only other thought is that you read reading the net weight of the veggies, and then assumed that this is the total amount of carbs. E.g., your bag of veggies might weigh 150 grams. But that does not mean it contains 150 grams of carbohydrates!

[quote]CaliforniaLaw wrote:
sjfou wrote:
My little pouches of steamed veggies alone are 150g…

Huh? That would mean your vegetables contained over 600 calories. I am looking at a one-pound bag of broccoli: It contains 125 calories and 20 grams of total carbs.

Green beans are the most carb-rich vegetable. (Corn and potatoes aren’t vegetables.) You would need to even several cups of green beans to end up 150 grams of carbs:
http://www.calorie-count.com/calories/item/99956.html

You would need to eat several bake potatoes to get 150 grams of carbs.

You would need to consume three full servings of Surge to get 150 grams of carbs.

Are you seeing the handwriting on the wall?

You are either misreading the label, or your “veggies” are full of sugar-laden sauces.

My only other thought is that you read reading the net weight of the veggies, and then assumed that this is the total amount of carbs. E.g., your bag of veggies might weigh 150 grams. But that does not mean it contains 150 grams of carbohydrates! [/quote]

Or it aint just veggies its some kind of franken veggie

Phill

[quote]CaliforniaLaw wrote:

My only other thought is that you read reading the net weight of the veggies, and then assumed that this is the total amount of carbs. E.g., your bag of veggies might weigh 150 grams. But that does not mean it contains 150 grams of carbohydrates! [/quote]

Thats true, i didnt actually read the ingredients label! *slaps forehead

Carbs minus fibre = actual carbs?

i just read the ingredients - 9.3g carbs - what a tool, thats up there with the stupidest things ive done lately.

[quote]sjfou wrote:
i just read the ingredients - 9.3g carbs - what a tool, thats up there with the stupidest things ive done lately.[/quote]

LOL. We’ve all done dumb stuff like that. When I first read the V-Diet article, I thought it recommended MD Complete instead of low-carb. Um… No, lol.

And, yes, subtract the fiber carbs from the carb count. So it would be 9.3 minus the fiber carbs.