T/D T How Long Before Retesting?

WHen one starts t/d T how long before retesting? I vaguely remember 3 weeks was enough for transdremals?

Im going to be using 10% cream that is based in versavase cream which supposedly alot better absorbed then other types of creams. Does anyone know much about versavase based T creams??

cheers!!

If you have thyroid problems, you may not be able to absorb transdermal T. And there are large differences in absorption anyways, so its a bit of a crap shoot. These variables may be more significant than one cream base VS another.

With injections, you get 100% delivery.

Please read the stickies and start with ‘advice for new guys’.

[quote]KSman wrote:
If you have thyroid problems, you may not be able to absorb transdermal T. And there are large differences in absorption anyways, so its a bit of a crap shoot. These variables may be more significant than one cream base VS another.

With injections, you get 100% delivery.

Please read the stickies and start with ‘advice for new guys’.[/quote]

I understand injections are superior but i think its just a process many docs go through. I talked to my doc about subcut twice weekly 50mg each, he said he has some guys use this method, so he knows about it and has other guys on trt, prescribes arimidex if needed etc. Im going to retest in a month and if things arent improving then mention again about injections. Personally i think t/d creams would be more convenient for me and i use a t/d pregnenolone cream made in the same base as the T and it seems quite good, dries quickly and isnt messy.

thanks for reply,
cheers!!

T levels respond to transdermals quite fast. But you need to allow enough time for E2 levels to build and HPTA shutdown to know where things will be. But if you test TT quite soon and its not increased, perhaps lower, then you will know that this is a dead end. In that case, you probably would feel that things are wrong. Alternatively, if you feel great, then things are going well. The one problem that is difficult is that some will initially absorb well, then that stops. So for those, an early lab result could be misleading. Better to wait for 3 weeks at least.

Thanks for the reply KS, appreciated. Here in australia we only get so many free lab tests a year but now on T i may need to pay for a few ( further hormone tests i will probably just stick to total and free T and E3 for now). I have had low freeT for awhile now but have held off until other issues have been treated, cmv virus and low nk function(not numbers) we have treated the adrenal fatigue/ dysfunction with preg and dhea which were low, but fixing these hormones had little impact on my T. I also initially had high E2 and have managed to get this down after losing about 20kg. I will just post my labs i think? 42 y/o male 6ft1 115kg.

TotalT 16.7 (10-33)
FreeT 35.2 (60-130)
dhea 5.8 (2.2-15.7) after these labs i have increased dhea from 25mg once a day to 25mg twice a day.
E2 73 (40-250) this was in the 150s before weightloss and as high as 201 on dhea, losing 20kg of fat has helped??
Progesterone 1 (<3)
cortisol not tested this time but morning cortisol in mid range, maybe worth increasing pregnenolone more??

Prior to this test was on dhea 25mg, pregnenolone cream 50mg. I am on antivirals, antibiotics and immune modulators for my immune issues as well as a variety of antioxidants.

Increasing my T i hope to increase my functionality that bit more??

cheers!!!

DHEA is hydrophobic, hard to absorb. It is lipophilic, likes oils. Take with a meal that contains oils or take when you are taking fish oil or oil based Vit-D3. Does alcohol help? Can’t hurt and if you are having a beer anyways…

Are you taking Glucocorticoid - Wikipedia ?

As per that sticky, meds, Rx and OTC can mess with your hormones! Read that sticky.

You have two active threads. That is wrong, read that damn sticky.