T Cyp Burns, Itches, Hurts

Ok, tried all the different injection spots and the itching and burning just took a little longer to show up than in the abdomen. My doctor switched me to Testosterone Enanthate since it is in Sesame Oil rather than Cottonseed and is preserved with Chlorobutanol rather than Benzyl Alcohol. Injected yesterday morning and so far no burning or itching.

No go. I even have reactions to the T Enan!!! Big swollen red burning deep itching spots. Thinking of trying HCG monotherapy…

Just bumping this because I have started back on the injections and here I sit with burning hard painful lumps again. If anyone that didn’t see this before has any ideas please let me know. Not sure what I am allergic to since the T Cyp and T Enan have no ingredients in common except for the testosterone!

[quote]cirerecrem wrote:
Just bumping this to see if anyone has new ideas. Started T Cyp again and it has started burning and itching and hard knots again - does this with both T Cyp and T Enan which are 2 different oils

I have seen many people mention this but not much as to what to do about it. I inject Watson T Cyp 60mg 2x/week sub-Q. The injection sites itch, burn, hurt and turn red and continue to stay that way for at least a week. My HCG shots have no issues.

Is it typically the cottonseed oil or the Benzyl Alcohol or the brand?? What seems to be the best way to correct (new brand, compounding, suck it up and live with it…)?

Thanks[/quote]

Just re read your thread.
Do you have any more recent blood work ?
Or bloodwork previous to the one you posted ?

Wondering about your SHBG levels. Were they higher or the same
pre TRT ?

Aside from the stinging of the Watson Cyp, how do you feel ?
Libido, Mood, Erections strength etc ?

On the stinging:
I am prescribed Watson, but I don’t use it. I use T prop…but that’s a
long story in itself.

Have you tried IM injection with the Watson ? I inject my delts only
and there is no stinging etc. From time to time I’ll get a little inflammation,
but lasts only 12 hours or so. Zero pain using 1/2 29g slin pin.

[quote]PKNY wrote:

[quote]cirerecrem wrote:
Just bumping this to see if anyone has new ideas. Started T Cyp again and it has started burning and itching and hard knots again - does this with both T Cyp and T Enan which are 2 different oils

I have seen many people mention this but not much as to what to do about it. I inject Watson T Cyp 60mg 2x/week sub-Q. The injection sites itch, burn, hurt and turn red and continue to stay that way for at least a week. My HCG shots have no issues.

Is it typically the cottonseed oil or the Benzyl Alcohol or the brand?? What seems to be the best way to correct (new brand, compounding, suck it up and live with it…)?

Thanks[/quote]

Just re read your thread.
Do you have any more recent blood work ?
Or bloodwork previous to the one you posted ?

Wondering about your SHBG levels. Were they higher or the same
pre TRT ?

Aside from the stinging of the Watson Cyp, how do you feel ?
Libido, Mood, Erections strength etc ?

On the stinging:
I am prescribed Watson, but I don’t use it. I use T prop…but that’s a
long story in itself.

Have you tried IM injection with the Watson ? I inject my delts only
and there is no stinging etc. From time to time I’ll get a little inflammation,
but lasts only 12 hours or so. Zero pain using 1/2 29g slin pin.

[/quote]

Thanks for looking at this. I primarily bumped this thread to see about thoughts on the painful injections (never tried IM figuring that an allergic reaction was an allergic reaction but maybe I will), although I would always love input on my labs which are most recent at

http://tnation.T-Nation.com/free_online_forum/sports_training_performance_bodybuilding_trt/coming_off_trt_help?id=5647097&pageNo=1

As far as the blood work. My SHBG have been consistently near where they are. I often wondered if my Free T levels were always reported as high because of the low SHBG but is there something else I should know about those??? (my range has always been about 15-24 on the lab range of 16-55).

How I feel - I think I felt a little better on transdermal but it was short lived and I got caught up in trying to compare values from the blood spot test versus serum and my doctor thinks I was on way too high of a dose transdermal so i switched back to injections because at least with that method what you take is what you get (that dilemma is also on the linked thread). Transdermals - more nocturnal erections and a slight increase in libido but nothing spectacular. Injections - slight increase in ability to put on muscle. No real subjective benefits in the other areas with either which is disappointing. I could really use some improvement in mood as well.

Please feel free to give any pointers and advice. It is greatly appreciated.

SubQ irritates my skin and leaves that hard nodule thing no matter which test I used (Cyp,Enth, Prop)
Hcg gives me no issue SubQ. IM is much better in my case.

Anyway, I think I may have chimed in on one of your past threads when you were going off TRT.
Like you, I have low SHBG and aside from the burning at the injection site I had a very
similar experience with T-Cyp injection (and better libido response from topicals).

I switched to T-Prop and have had excellent results.
Great mood, optimism, Libido, erections. Basically all the things you hear most guys
rave about using Cyp.

I have been talking about it in this thread. Maybe something in there can help you.
https://tnation.T-Nation.com/free_online_forum/sports_training_performance_bodybuilding_trt/trt_started_4_weeks_ago

[quote]PKNY wrote:
SubQ irritates my skin and leaves that hard nodule thing no matter which test I used (Cyp,Enth, Prop)
Hcg gives me no issue SubQ. IM is much better in my case.

Anyway, I think I may have chimed in on one of your past threads when you were going off TRT.
Like you, I have low SHBG and aside from the burning at the injection site I had a very
similar experience with T-Cyp injection (and better libido response from topicals).

I switched to T-Prop and have had excellent results.
Great mood, optimism, Libido, erections. Basically all the things you hear most guys
rave about using Cyp.

I have been talking about it in this thread. Maybe something in there can help you.
https://tnation.T-Nation.com/free_online_forum/sports_training_performance_bodybuilding_trt/trt_started_4_weeks_ago[/quote]

Great info on that link. I will see what my doc can do about getting me T Prop or else I will start to scour the internet. It sounds very pertinent to my situation. Thanks