T-Colostomy Bags

[quote]BarneyFife wrote:
For .99 cents you can get a four pack of pudding cups at wal-mart. Not the cheap stuff either, actual hunt’s brand pudding.[/quote]

HAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAH

Holy shit Barney you’re awesome.

As the biggest guy in my gym, I can say that I don’t mind sharing advice with newbies, however, don’t ask me while I’m putting my belt on for my maximal set of squats! Although I treat strength training as a religion, I realize other people may be in the gym for different reasons, so I feel little contempt for the pencilneck talking on the cellphone, unless he’s standing in my squat rack.

[quote]Bauer97 wrote:
I’m going to get bigger and prove you wrong motherfucker![/quote]

I’m not impressed. Heffernan will always be bigger than you.

I prefer the term “T-Pussy.”

[quote]TunaMonkey wrote:
As the biggest guy in my gym, I can say that I don’t mind sharing advice with newbies, however, don’t ask me while I’m putting my belt on for my maximal set of squats! Although I treat strength training as a religion, I realize other people may be in the gym for different reasons, so I feel little contempt for the pencilneck talking on the cellphone, unless he’s standing in my squat rack.

[/quote]

And you are sharing that with us for what reason?

[quote]rrjc5488 wrote:
Bauer97 wrote:
I’m going to get bigger and prove you wrong motherfucker!

I’m not impressed. Heffernan will always be bigger than you.[/quote]

I will be impressed when you are big enough that you can’t comfortably fit into a dormitory clothing dryer. Your making us younger members look bad.

[quote]TunaMonkey wrote:

[/quote]

Not to nitpick, but do you feel LITTLE contempt for the pencilneck or A LITTLE contempt? There is a slight difference.

DB

Here’s what it all boils down to. The threads have gotten weaker but the responses have gotten even more lame.There are a lot of people on here that are fairly big guys and experienced gals with alot of knowledge and room to talk during various subjects.

The main problem is many people talk bigger than they appear. New people come and go in posts looking for info all the time, the problem is if a question has been asked before they are instantly an idiot for not checking back forums first. If a repeated question is posted and you’ve heard it before and it annoys you skip it and let someone who has something valuable to say make the next post. Now should be the days of those of us who have put the time in to help those that are trying.

I agree with PGA. I was here from pretty much day 1 and now it is nothing like it was back then. What happened to the Poliquins, the Kings, the Cosgroves, the Telles, etc. What happened to the steroid articles? There was even the occassional article on Louie Simmons and Westside. Simmons is always cutting edge. Do an interview to pick his brain. Tate used to write great articles. Why did he stop writing? His articles are the only reason I found www.elitefts.com. Even Charlie Francis stopped by for awhile.

Now, instead, we have articles telling us not to do leg extensions yet again and how to gain weight if you weigh 150 pounds. Cressey worked with the UConn basketball team, right? Don’t you think an article on plyos or complexes would be better than a replayed anti-leg extension article? There has to be a good number of athletes out there that could benefit, right?

I know it is about the bottom line fellas, but throw us a bone and bring back guys like Charlie Francis or Louis Simmons or even Jerry Telle. I’d be happy even if it were an occasional article to satisfy the ones who started reading this when T-Nation was much different.

[quote]muscleheadz wrote:
Here’s what it all boils down to. The threads have gotten weaker but the responses have gotten even more lame.There are a lot of people on here that are fairly big guys and experienced gals with alot of knowledge and room to talk during various subjects.

The main problem is many people talk bigger than they appear. New people come and go in posts looking for info all the time, the problem is if a question has been asked before they are instantly an idiot for not checking back forums first. If a repeated question is posted and you’ve heard it before and it annoys you skip it and let someone who has something valuable to say make the next post. Now should be the days of those of us who have put the time in to help those that are trying. [/quote]

Now should be the time of PERSONAL RESPONSIBILITY. If someone asks yet another Tanita scale question this month, they should be told to do a freaking search…because that topic comes up about once a week and shows the person asking did absolutely no research on their own.

This site is NOT supposed to be about walking every single newbie who is barely trying by hand and congratulating them on minimal effort. There are other sites for that. This site is supposed to be for those who are serious, not the people claiming they don’t want to get too big…even though their arms are smaller than those on a Cabbage Patch Kid doll.

What sense does it make for a newbie on this site to NOT sit and read the posts for a while before jumping in and posting a picture of their skinny untrained body? You have people ignoring the post made by the MODs on that issue. Should they be hugged? Cuddled? Applauded?

Hell no.

[quote]rrjc5488 wrote:

I’m not impressed. Heffernan will always be bigger than you.[/quote]

Heffer is like a decade older than me and still needs camera tricks to appear bigger.

In the past 10 years I’ve gone from 150 to 270lbs. So, if my math is correct, by the time I’m Heffers age, I’ll be 390 pounds with single digit bodyfat.

You just wait and see… I mean, that’s how it works, right? Genetic limitations be damned!

[quote]Bauer97 wrote:
rrjc5488 wrote:

Heffer is like a decade older than me and still needs camera tricks to appear bigger.

In the past 10 years I’ve gone from 150 to 270lbs. So, if my math is correct, by the time I’m Heffers age, I’ll be 390 pounds with single digit bodyfat.

You just wait and see… I mean, that’s how it works, right? Genetic limitations be damned![/quote]

We gained about the same amount of weight over about the same time. I wonder if we should write an article about how “bulking up is bad”.

Naaaaah.

[quote]Professor X wrote:

We gained about the same amount of weight over about the same time. I wonder if we should write an article about how “bulking up is bad”.

Naaaaah.[/quote]

No way, we both do curls and consume more calories than it takes to maintain vital organ function, we don’t know what the fuck we’re doing…

Or, maybe we’re the same person posting under different names. The 'ol bi-racial internet switcheroo! They never saw it coming…

[quote]bretc wrote:
Did you read the article? It certainly wasn’t “pro” leg extensions.

In fact, this is the last sentence in the article: “…if you want more bang for your training buck you should be squatting, not doing leg extensions. Factor in the additional loading that squatting allows, and it should come as no surprise that you’ll see better gains in size, strength, and functional capacity.”

The writer, Eric Cressey, also a competitive powerlifter, is rapidly approaching Elite status with competition bests of 540 squat, 402 bench, 628 deadlift, and 1532 total in the 165-pound weight class.

He keeps getting stronger year in, year out, mostly because he trains intelligently, not because he’s a genetic freak.

We can all prosper from guys like Cressey and Robertson, who aren’t afraid to delve into the science and sift through the complicated material and relate it back to strength training.

I have been following T-Nation since 1998 and feel that the quality of writers is at its all-time high. [/quote]

I dont have a clue what you’re talking about. I know the article is anti-leg extension. How many times do we have to hear it? Thats the point.

[quote]Bauer97 wrote:
rrjc5488 wrote:

You just wait and see… I mean, that’s how it works, right? Genetic limitations be damned![/quote]

OMG Bauer. Was that a slow clean bulk? I can see you’re such an amazing fat fuck. You take in upwards of 6000cals. I know that shit aint all chicken breasts and vegetables.

my $.02
The biggest breakdown on this site is the forums are more active than the articles. That can be good, but an argument nearly always starts. The most frequent posters are given elite status when a few can list their accomplishments in one statement. I read it here. Some can double that and cite here and one other forum.

The new fad of self-labeling oneself as hardcore is silly too. The “I am big so I am right” holds a gnats ass worth of water. IF that were true, the instant a bigger person has a differing opinion the now second big guy is wrong?

The contributors are still good. Yes Tate and Poliquin aren’t contributing, but neither is Nelson Montana.

[quote]Professor X wrote:

Naaaaah.[/quote]

I would much rather have an article from you two fattys than something thats been regurgitated 1000 times directed at the incoming EAS V 2.0 demographic.

[quote]scarface35 wrote:
I agree with PGA. I was here from pretty much day 1 and now it is nothing like it was back then. What happened to the Poliquins, the Kings, the Cosgroves, the Telles, etc. What happened to the steroid articles? There was even the occassional article on Louie Simmons and Westside. Simmons is always cutting edge. Do an interview to pick his brain. Tate used to write great articles. Why did he stop writing? His articles are the only reason I found www.elitefts.com. Even Charlie Francis stopped by for awhile.

Now, instead, we have articles telling us not to do leg extensions yet again and how to gain weight if you weigh 150 pounds. Cressey worked with the UConn basketball team, right? Don’t you think an article on plyos or complexes would be better than a replayed anti-leg extension article? There has to be a good number of athletes out there that could benefit, right?

I know it is about the bottom line fellas, but throw us a bone and bring back guys like Charlie Francis or Louis Simmons or even Jerry Telle. I’d be happy even if it were an occasional article to satisfy the ones who started reading this when T-Nation was much different. [/quote]

Great post. Much better than I could have written.

I have to agree with the Cressey deal. He has so much knowledge having worked with elite college athletes and we get a leg extension article. He is way more than that and the knowledge is there. Share it with the Nation. Give us the training elite athletes go through like Charlie and Louie used to.

For the record, I would love NOTHING more than to just write about lifting heavy stuff and making people crazy athletic all the time. Threads like this reaffirm that in my mind.

However, what doesn’t is the 58 pages of my Locker Room thread since February that ask about almost nothing except injuries. People are jacked up - and it’s because they’ve been doing stupid crap like leg extensions, upright rows, and duck-stance sissy squats with a giant purple dildo up their arse. I’ve got over 20 pages of questions in Word that are “in queue” awaiting my response - and they’re all people who are in pain. Writing about deadlifts and jumping high is freakin’ stress relief for me - but if I can save a few knees or shoulders with an article in the process, I’m going to do it.

If you guys want particular articles from me, just say so. You can also subscribe to my free newsletter, as I throw a lot of variety in there weekly.

[quote]PGA wrote:

OMG Bauer. Was that a slow clean bulk? I can see you’re such an amazing fat fuck. You take in upwards of 6000cals. I know that shit aint all chicken breasts and vegetables.[/quote]

I’ve always been hungry. When I’ve been hungry, I eat lots of food. I combined that with lifting lots of weights, and my muscles grew. Who knew?

It just so happens that my genetics/metabolism are so high, combined with a high activity level, resulted in my bodyfat never going above, I’d say, 12% or so, even with a massive intake of calories.

Some people can get away with that, some people need to put on a little more bodyfat in order to gain an appreciable amount of muscle. Either way, it’s not rocket science, people just don’t want to put in the effort.