T-Colleges

I’m looking through colleges and was curious if anyone had any suggestions, I wanted to look into any fields relating to excercise, physical therapy, physiology, kinology, etc.

Also I was curious if there was any way of finding out if I could look into what kind of colleges authors attended if any. It says at the bottom of some of their articles and such but I’ve been looking with little luck. Thanks.

First of all, to get accepted into any good T-college you need to have gone to a T-high school. Also, it really helps if you went to a T-jr. high.

Besides this, make sure you let the T-college know on your T-application that you are a genuine T-man, not some fugazi.

Well, just off the top of my head, I went to Penn State and studied Kinesiology, and Zatziorsky is an active professor there.

Not sure you’d want to base your college choice around that, but whatever.

Univ. of Connecticut
Univ. of Michigan
Florida State Univ.
Univ. of Florida
Univ. of Texas

These are probably going to be your best schools, and UConn is probably the best one. Start researching these schools, search their kinesiology websites, email and/or call them if you have further questions.

Personally, when I research schools for their programs, I call them up after I’ve searched their websites, and ask additional questions. In my experience, I always got a feeling on whether the program was good, and if it was worth applying to or not.

Some schools will never call you back or return your email, no matter how many times you contact them. In that case, I didn’t apply to those schools, because I felt if I wasn’t even a student yet, and they don’t return my calls/emails, I might get the same cold shoulder if I attend school there.

Hope that helps.

Holy shit I am tired of seeing people put “T” in front of anything and everything.

[quote]fightingtiger wrote:
Holy shit I am tired of seeing people put “T” in front of anything and everything.[/quote]

Why do the t-forumite get so anxious about this?

[quote]vandalay15 wrote:
First of all, to get accepted into any good T-college you need to have gone to a T-high school. Also, it really helps if you went to a T-jr. high.

Besides this, make sure you let the T-college know on your T-application that you are a genuine T-man, not some fugazi.[/quote]

You also need to have scored well on the
SA"T". It helps to know a “T” Alumni member who will write you a “T” Letter of Recommendation. If all else fails, have plenty of “T” money on hand to bribe a “T” Admissions Officer of the desired “T” University.

If your “T” grades or SA"T" scores aren’t that good and the Admissions Officer happens to be e"T"hical and wont accept your bribe,
then you could always start off in a “T” Community College and "T"ransfer la"t"er.

What? Even a “T” Community College wont accept you?! Try a "T"echnical College.

BU!

I hope to graduate with a BS in exercise science in 2011

I’m going to be a Junior at a private school with some nice connections, GPA’s a 4.2 and i havnt taking ACT or SAT but I’m pretty sure i’ll do well above average based on my PSAT etc. Thanks for all the suggestions and keep em comin. Sorry for the “T”, just figured it’d get views in. hah.

P.S. Anyone got some good exercise science schools? Also any websites with rankings on “fitness science schools” (man that sounds fucking stupid) or the like would be appreciated, Thanks to all the people that are helping.

USC (University of South Carolina) has recently been named the #1 Exercise Science Program in the country.

In case you are interested here’s the link:

http://www.sph.sc.edu/exsc/

[quote]tmoney1 wrote:
Univ. of Connecticut
Univ. of Michigan
Florida State Univ.
Univ. of Florida
Univ. of Texas

These are probably going to be your best schools, and UConn is probably the best one. Start researching these schools, search their kinesiology websites, email and/or call them if you have further questions.

Personally, when I research schools for their programs, I call them up after I’ve searched their websites, and ask additional questions. In my experience, I always got a feeling on whether the program was good, and if it was worth applying to or not.

Some schools will never call you back or return your email, no matter how many times you contact them. In that case, I didn’t apply to those schools, because I felt if I wasn’t even a student yet, and they don’t return my calls/emails, I might get the same cold shoulder if I attend school there.

Hope that helps.[/quote]

I go to UConn. Not only do they not care about the students (they act really good till you pay then they blow you off every which way possible).

The “Recreational facility” (Its not a gym or a place to build strength as I was told by the head of the student rec services) is miserable. I was told I couldn’t do hang cleans outside of the rack (The reason I was ouside the rack was because the squat racks were getting heavy use by the bench/curl frat crowd because it was 2 weeks before summer so they needed to START working out- we all know how impressive physiques are made in 2 weeks).

After trying to ask what the difference was in a squat rack vs. out of the squat rack I was told it was unsafe for myself (maybe saying it was unsafe because the gym was crowded I could go for). I was told this by a 160lb kid who I watch do his entire workout on the smith machine.

I called the head of the recreational services and the lady told me that and this is almost an exact quote-"This gym is for recreational purposes only, it is not intended to be used as a strength gaining facility.

Personal gripes aside, it does have a really good exercise science type program there from what I’ve heard from my friends in the major. I guess it is one of the top ones in the country. Just figured to let you know some of the bs that comes with going to UConn in the present day. I don’t want to bore you with more tho.

Actually Thanks a lot, because i was just looking into UConn and USC. Thanks for the USC statistic Magnar. Keep em coming.

[quote]Magnar wrote:
USC (University of South Carolina) has recently been named the #1 Exercise Science Program in the country.[/quote]

…for faggots.

Sorry, just couldnt resist.

[quote]TBoZ1244 wrote:
tmoney1 wrote:

I go to UConn. Not only do they not care about the students (they act really good till you pay then they blow you off every which way possible).

[/quote]

That’s very ironic you said that, because I was actually referring to UConn about not calling me back or returning emails. I emailed three different people several times, left phone messages, and didn’t hear back. I didn’t want to mention any school names, but I’m glad I’m not the only one who feels the same way.

Man, sorry to hear about your experience at the facility. I guess they put too much emphasis on ‘recreation’ and not ‘training’. That sounds pretty weak. Do the athletes train there as well, or do they have their own facility?

All that aside, you said the program is good, are you working on undergrad or grad? How much longer until you’re done?

I will be finishing my degree in the school of Human Development at the U of M(innesota) with a duel major in Nutrition and Kinesiology, and I have heard good things about the program.

[quote]tmoney1 wrote:
TBoZ1244 wrote:
tmoney1 wrote:

That’s very ironic you said that, because I was actually referring to UConn about not calling me back or returning emails. I emailed three different people several times, left phone messages, and didn’t hear back. I didn’t want to mention any school names, but I’m glad I’m not the only one who feels the same way.

Man, sorry to hear about your experience at the facility. I guess they put too much emphasis on ‘recreation’ and not ‘training’. That sounds pretty weak. Do the athletes train there as well, or do they have their own facility?

All that aside, you said the program is good, are you working on undergrad or grad? How much longer until you’re done?[/quote]

Im surprised. UConn treated me great until I signed up to attend. I have had problems everywhere. Reslife, the gym,heads of the departments, and the worst is they don’t have anywhere near enough parking on campus so everyone gets a ton of parking tix. They just have so many kids wanting to go there that they don’t give a fuck about you, cuz if I leave 10 more kids will be dying to get my spot.

And ya the rec facility is bs. I had probs with them 3 times telling me exercises I couldn’t do. 1 was hang cleans, 2 was standing calf raises (Standing on quarter plates in the rack with the safety pins in so if i dropped the bar it was only moving about 3 inch to the pins) and the first time was doing deadlifts, one of the kids that works there (ironically about 300lbs) wasn’t sure if it was an accepted exercises, luckily I got out of that one.

I was just stunned, I finally got a hold of the head lady and she says the gym isn’t made for building strength, so I told her I’d go workout at the fball one when the fball team wasn’t using it (just got this new football center that is beautiful but only for fball guys).

I’m not in the exercise program, but a bunch of my boys are. Im going into my senior yr tho.

The education you get is very good, I just wish someone told me the bs that went on at uconn. Ive been to a bunch of schools that didn’t have 1/2 the students uconn has that has a much bigger and better gym for the students and a lot less bs too.

You think they kiss the athletes asses at UConn because it’s hopefully likely I’ll be playing college basketball. Sorry to hear about them being such jackasses to you by the way.

[quote]fightingtiger wrote:
Holy shit I am tired of seeing people put “T” in front of anything and everything.[/quote]

OK, I won’t ype a “T” in front of any more od he words on his forum. Will hat make any sense o you?

Please ell us what we can ype so we can come ogether and make a decision.

Yeah, I agree it is getting a little old.

O ya. Its prob not news in ohio, but like everyweek an athlete from UConn does something ridiculously dumb and its all over the news and nothing ever seems to happen or come about from it.

Not to mention when the football player in my poli sci class got a 3 on a 40 question multi choice midterm that was 1/2 the grade for the class. (Yes that is a 3, as in 3%, as in 1 out of 40 questions, on a multiple choice exam) but didn’t miss one game.

I’m sure thats like any D1 school tho. I’m also slightly bitter since I don’t play a varsity sport (club rugby and we get shitted on.)

From what I have seen the varsity athletes get star treatment- huge meals, all pass courses, best housing, and they just put in that huge new gym for the football team (I don’t know if the bball team gets to use that or if its only fball).

Not to mention there are a ton of easy peasy girls, I have heard some interesting stories about athletes at parties.

And since CT doesn’t have any professional teams, UConn is kind of a big deal, esp UConn bball.

Basically if you are an athlete you can forget anything I bitched about becuase everyone at the university will drop to their knees for you. They even cut huge lunch lines, and apparently I am the only person with some balls to call them on it (a story for a different day since this is getting long).

If you want to know anything more indepth drop a PM tho.