T-Cell Alpha

I just want to say that this was not only a great idea, but so far it has been executed flawlessly IMO. Not only are the topics and discussions exactly what I want to read about on this site, but the level of respect for other people’s opinions and quality of intelligent debate that goes on is astonishing to me. It’s the way things ought to be.

It’s why I fell in love with this place to begin with. As a lover of digging for and reading long-dead threads from yesteryear, it really feels like it’s a time capsule from a better (and nostalgic) place.

I thoroughly enjoy reading the threads on that forum, and I hope it stays this way in perpetuity. Good job all around, especially from the Alpha Cell members.

-dizzle

I concur. It’s nice to spark interesting conversations with other knowledgeable members without having to answer what weighs more a pound of fat or a pound of muscle.

[quote]jehovasfitness wrote:
I concur. It’s nice to spark interesting conversations with other knowledgeable members without having to answer what weighs more a pound of fat or a pound of muscle.[/quote]

Agreed - And the vote out option should help keep the place on topic. All good IMO. There’s room here for joking on the SAMA and get a life threads. Other threads should be kept on topic as much as possible.

I think there should be more traffic.

I also think the V-Diet thread should die. Everyone’s had their opinion voiced, and there isn’t going to be a resolution. I’m almost as tired of people yelling about ad hominems and straw men attacks as I am about the ad hominems and straw men attacks.

I don’t think the ‘vote off’ feature will be used a whole lot, because it would take something pretty egregious to piss off over half the current pool. Which means that the group will keep growing… and growing…

I agree with renton’s policy that the T-Cell should be kept more on-topic. But we haven’t really gotten a topic- it’s kind of the land of ‘do as you will’, which provides an uncomfortable amount of freedom.

That said, I like what’s happening, and I think it holds incredible promise. It’s the beginning of day four, and there’s been a lot of quality posted already. I am totally in full favor of the T-Cells, despite my criticisms, all of which will be dealt with in time.

[quote]Otep wrote:
I also think the v-diet thread should die. Everyone’s had their opinion voiced, and there isn’t going to be a resolution. I’m almost as tired of people yelling about ad hominems and straw men attacks as I am about the ad hominems and straw men attacks.

[/quote]

I agree with this. It started out pretty good, but the last page or so is spoiling it.

I still want to hear from one of those people who made a successful transition and learned healthy eating habits from the diet though.

[quote]Otep wrote:

I don’t think the ‘vote off’ feature will be used a whole lot, because it would take something pretty egregious to piss off over half the current pool. Which means that the group will keep growing… and growing…
[/quote]

I hope the vote off feature is used as much as is necessary to keep the forum as good or better than it is right now.

How many members do you guys have so far?

[quote]celibrate2047 wrote:
How many members do you guys have so far?[/quote]

One more.

Yeah it was definitely a good idea, there’s a lot of good information being discussed there.

And keep talking about actually bodybuilding, it’s nice to see/read.

Another great part about the cell is the moderation aspect. They say that it’s unmoderated by the Mods, but so far nothing looks like it would need moderation anyway because nobody has been saying stupid shit.

-dizzle