T Nation

T-Cell Alpha

I wish I didn’t care if I was with the “in” crowd, I really do… But I do!

Hint, hint…

Don’t you already post there?

Come on someone, invite the poor soul.

No, I couldn’t until just now. Poor soul? Thanks, I guess!

No, seriously thanks to whoever let me in. I usually am turned off by elite groups, this one I like.

This is bad form.

Its like voting for yourself to be team captain.

[quote]Tex Ag wrote:
This is bad form.

Its like voting for yourself to be team captain.
[/quote]
It’s like with lifting - no need for perfect form as long as you get the job done and don’t get hurt.

:wink:

[quote]Tex Ag wrote:
This is bad form.

Its like voting for yourself to be team captain.

[/quote]

You can sit around and waste time waiting to be invited or you can be your own best advocate and ask for what you want.

I’m more like a dog or cat. When they want attention, food whatever, they aren’t afraid to seek it out or ask for it.

Plus, it’s not like you can’t get booted at any time. Membership 'aint for life.

[quote]derek wrote:

You can sit around and waste time waiting to be invited or you can be your own best advocate and ask for what you want.

I’m more like a dog or cat. When they want attention, food whatever, they aren’t afraid to seek it out or ask for it.

Plus, it’s not like you can’t get booted at any time. Membership 'aint for life.[/quote]

Exactly. If you don’t ask, you don’t get.

…anyone?!

It really doesn’t offend me if I don’t get invited. I read much more than I post anyways. Though I do like the idea of the T-Cell it kind of seems like a tacit confession from the admins that the bodybuilding forum is, in fact, a bit of a joke.

lol, I like the inconspicuousness of this post :)…I agree though, I feel for you…

Damn it, I had to repost in this one because the double got deleted, hah

[quote]derek wrote:
No, I couldn’t until just now. Poor soul? Thanks, I guess!

No, seriously thanks to whoever let me in. I usually am turned off by elite groups, this one I like.[/quote]

You’re welcome. I’ve read your posts, you definitely deserve to be in there.

I might be confused. I thought the invites onto T-Cell were to be based on merit not on a requested invitation.

[quote]Tex Ag wrote:
I might be confused. I thought the invites onto T-Cell were to be based on merit not on a requested invitation.[/quote]

Founding membership was seemingly based on contribution history. In other words, those who have been around the longest and have contributed the most to the forums were invited first. Whether that fits your definition of “merit” I have no idea. Additional members can be invited by the founding members, though they can also be voted out.

Hey can somebody invite me as well please?

[quote]Wimpy wrote:
Founding membership was seemingly based on contribution history. In other words, those who have been around the longest and have contributed the most to the forums were invited first.[/quote]

From the New on T-Nation thread:

[quote]TC wrote:
Just a note that we picked a handful of members from a particular thread that was asking for the return of the old Dog Pound.

We figured that if we chose about 20 or 30 names, they’d help grow the T-Cell.

If you’re not on the original list of founding members, it’s not a diss. [/quote]

[quote]tedro wrote:
derek wrote:
No, I couldn’t until just now. Poor soul? Thanks, I guess!

No, seriously thanks to whoever let me in. I usually am turned off by elite groups, this one I like.

You’re welcome. I’ve read your posts, you definitely deserve to be in there.[/quote]

I hate to take up more space but… Thanks again! (very nice thing to say).

[quote]Wimpy wrote:
Tex Ag wrote:
I might be confused. I thought the invites onto T-Cell were to be based on merit not on a requested invitation.

Founding membership was seemingly based on contribution history. In other words, those who have been around the longest and have contributed the most to the forums were invited first. Whether that fits your definition of “merit” I have no idea. Additional members can be invited by the founding members, though they can also be voted out. [/quote]

Everyone is getting confused on the founding members. It was people TC picked that posted in one particular thread asking about the return of the Dog Pound and that’s it.

[quote]Scott M wrote:
Wimpy wrote:
Tex Ag wrote:
I might be confused. I thought the invites onto T-Cell were to be based on merit not on a requested invitation.

Founding membership was seemingly based on contribution history. In other words, those who have been around the longest and have contributed the most to the forums were invited first. Whether that fits your definition of “merit” I have no idea. Additional members can be invited by the founding members, though they can also be voted out.

Everyone is getting confused on the founding members. It was people TC picked that posted in one particular thread asking about the return of the dog pound and that’s it. [/quote]

Okay. I based my comments on “Membership is restricted to only include long-time T-Nation members or newer T-Nation members who have proven their chops.” which came from the editors.

Well if this is the thread where you ask for invites, consider myself officially asking.

nevermind