T-Cali Roll Call

Just wanted to see what cities T-Nation members from California are from and what places we all get our workouts done at. Maybe this could be helpful to others needing workout partners or something, or for other T-Nation members from other cities/states/countries who are coming down here.

I’ll start.

Workout Location: Backyard

-ton

Kinda Between ‘homes’ right now until school is done:

Los Angeles (literally in the middle of south central)/Alta Loma (Inland Empire- san bernadino area)

Gym(s): USC “Lyon Center”, California Athletic, Millenia Jiujitsu.

Palo Alto

‘home’ is chicago (suburbs), but I’m in school now…

Gym: Arrillaga Alumni Center

I used to live in Santa Clarita and lifted at the Santa Clarita Athletic Club.

Before that I lived by Camp Pendleton and lifted on the Marine Base in a small, dirty military gym. It was great.

Hey, I used Arillaga for a while. Not a bad gym, missing a few pieces of equipment, but damn are the women fine!

I live in Sacramento work out at Pipe Works, and a couple of other gyms on occasion.

bumpin’ this up in case anyone missed.

-ton

I’ll be at Pomona College in Claremont this fall.

[quote]Dr. Banner wrote:
Hey, I used Arillaga for a while. Not a bad gym, missing a few pieces of equipment, but damn are the women fine![/quote]

Unfortunately, most of the ladies who work out do so at the student union (Tresidder) gym, which is incredibly crappy (no barbells at all), but has lots of cardio machines. Thus, I miss out on a lot of further eye candy. On the other hand, the ones who do go to Arrillaga are probably in better shape, so I guess I don’t lose after all :wink:

San Luis Obispo, California, about 10 minutes from da beach, and halfway from LA to SF on the 101.

I usually work out at the new Kennedy Club, or in my Coaches Garage.

[quote]Dan M wrote:
Dr. Banner wrote:
Hey, I used Arillaga for a while. Not a bad gym, missing a few pieces of equipment, but damn are the women fine!

Unfortunately, most of the ladies who work out do so at the student union (Tresidder) gym, which is incredibly crappy (no barbells at all), but has lots of cardio machines. Thus, I miss out on a lot of further eye candy. On the other hand, the ones who do go to Arrillaga are probably in better shape, so I guess I don’t lose after all ;)[/quote]

The womens Volleyball, soccer, and field hockey teams usually are there in the afternoon, at 5:30 when they open. I was there yesterday :wink:

What up Cali T-nationites! I’m up here in the mountains of S. Lake Tahoe and train at Push Fitness. I’m sure some of you vacation up here and I’d recommend buying a week pass here at Push next time your up here, best in town (still lacking, of course). I’m the only guy rockin’ a “T” shirt, so be sure to give me a nod.

Sacramento is my home and I work out at Cal Fit. I have a wife and two kids so it is perfect for the little ones.

[quote]Dan M wrote:
Dr. Banner wrote:

Unfortunately, most of the ladies who work out do so at the student union (Tresidder) gym, which is incredibly crappy (no barbells at all), but has lots of cardio machines. Thus, I miss out on a lot of further eye candy. On the other hand, the ones who do go to Arrillaga are probably in better shape, so I guess I don’t lose after all ;)[/quote]

Well, I see there are some Stanford people in here. How is Arrillaga now? Still strict on the rules? Is the Strength & Conditioning staff from the Coach Teevens era still in tact? And yes, there are some nice looking women in that gym who you can use as “motivation” :wink:

San Diego, Mission Valley
gym: Bally’s Mission Valley

OAKLAND, STAND UP!!!

Home in 9 days, baby.

LA: Hollywood

work out at LA Lifting Club (in Burbank) : LA’s only powerlifting gym.

[quote]TestosterTon wrote:
Just wanted to see what cities T-Nation members from California are from and what places we all get our workouts done at. Maybe this could be helpful to others needing workout partners or something, or for other T-Nation members from other cities/states/countries who are coming down here.

I’ll start.

Workout Location: Backyard

-ton[/quote]

West LA/Santa Monica

Powerhouse Gym on Olympic, 2 blocks West of the 405.

Thinking about joining Golds.

I live in Davis (15 minutes from Sac). We just got a new gym at school. It’s awesome. It’s filled with guys with ILS, but it’s a really nice gym. We’ve got dumbbells up to 120 lbs which is a nice change (I think before they only went to 100).

I sometimes live in South Bay for summer internships. I usually join a Golds. The Golds’ in South Bay are generally good gyms with hardcore lifters. I’ve since been to a couple other Golds… they’ve been almost as bad as 24 hour fitness. :frowning:

[quote]fooligan wrote:
I’ll be at Pomona College in Claremont this fall.[/quote]

My soon-to-be (if i make the jump) girlfriend goes there, might see you around, I used there gym not too long ago.