T Nation

T. Brady Done for Year

I think all this “I hate bill bellichick” stuff is just jelousy.

He’s done alot for our team in his time here; who wouldn’t want to have him as their coach? Who wouldn’t want to have our record?

I’m sure that most of the struggling NFL teams would love to have someone with his dedication on their side.

Bye, bye-bye, Brady, bye-bye.

Imagine it to the tune of this;

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vr-CIA2YSnw

[quote]eic wrote:
And I’m not bitter at all. I just hate Tom Brady and your asshole of a coach.
[/quote]

That’s being bitter… if they didn’t win you wouldn’t hate them, and don’t pretend otherwise. It’s OK to admit I was bitter against Favre for years after '96, just don’t pretend football has this moral high ground.

But on the other hand lets see how the cassel led Pats do compared to all the rest of the teams with even average starting QBs.

I think it’s going to be fun watching this season though as I have to completely change my expectations from smoking most teams (13-14 wins) to hoping they can squeak by competitive teams. I’m optimistic for 10 wins and a playoff berth due to the division they play in and soft NFC schedule.

If they can pull off a win in NY this weekend we’ll be looking at a likely 4-0 start heading into SD which will be a real good barometer for where they stand now.

I’ve seriously been pissed off since that happened…I will kill all Manning fans that bring it up.

Brady was my number one fantasy pick. Guess my season is shot. What’s a fantasy football owner supposed to do?

The Pats struggled to beat one of the worst teams in the NFL. Its going to be a long year. They will make the playoffs, but lose early.

I hate the Pats, so who cares about Brady

[quote]SouthernGypsy wrote:
Brady was my number one fantasy pick. Guess my season is shot. What’s a fantasy football owner supposed to do?[/quote]

Take up knitting.

[quote]detazathoth wrote:
I’ve seriously been pissed off since that happened…I will kill all Manning fans that bring it up.[/quote]

Since what happened? Last years superbowl? And which Manning; Eli or Peyton?

[quote]rrjc5488 wrote:
detazathoth wrote:
I’ve seriously been pissed off since that happened…I will kill all Manning fans that bring it up.

Since what happened? Last years superbowl? And which Manning; Eli or Peyton?[/quote]

I’m going to slit your guts <3

The patriots organization has been very quite about this whole thing. All they have said is that Brady will require surgery and will be out for the season. Something’s up.

Rumor is it’s a torn ACL. The video replays really haven’t given us a good look into the exact nature of the injury. If you look at this picture, it’s got torn MCL written all over it.

So why not announce the injury? If it’s an ACL, it sucks for Brady, but it’s not the end of the world, just the end of the season (in all likeliness). There’s nothing good about tearing an ACL, but it is not an uncommon injury, and the prognosis is generally good. If Brady tore his ACL, there is no logical reason for the patriots to hold off on a detailed report.

With an MCL tear, the prognosis is actually generally better than an ACL tear, however, anytime the MCL is torn the other ligaments are run a very high risk of being injured also. Again, if Brady simply tore his MCL, the pats would have no reason to hide it.

I’m going to go out on a limb and suggest that this injury may be even more serious than most currently believe. I think Brady tore his MCL, ACL, and meniscus, and the prognosis is that this could be a career-threatening injury.

[quote]tedro wrote:
The patriots organization has been very quite about this whole thing. All they have said is that Brady will require surgery and will be out for the season. Something’s up.

Rumor is it’s a torn ACL. The video replays really haven’t given us a good look into the exact nature of the injury. If you look at this picture, it’s got torn MCL written all over it.

So why not announce the injury? If it’s an ACL, it sucks for Brady, but it’s not the end of the world, just the end of the season (in all likeliness). There’s nothing good about tearing an ACL, but it is not an uncommon injury, and the prognosis is generally good. If Brady tore his ACL, there is no logical reason for the patriots to hold off on a detailed report.

With an MCL tear, the prognosis is actually generally better than an ACL tear, however, anytime the MCL is torn the other ligaments are run a very high risk of being injured also. Again, if Brady simply tore his MCL, the pats would have no reason to hide it.

I’m going to go out on a limb and suggest that this injury may be even more serious than most currently believe. I think Brady tore his MCL, ACL, and meniscus, and the prognosis is that this could be a career-threatening injury.[/quote]

I’m leaning towards agreeing with you, however, Belichick has always been secretive and ambiguous about player injuries.

[quote]malonetd wrote:
I’m leaning towards agreeing with you, however, Belichick has always been secretive and ambiguous about player injuries.[/quote]

Yes, he has, but there is reason for it. Belichek isn’t going to give out any more information that necessary to his opponents, it’s all about strategy. In this case, he has nothing to gain by withholding the information. It’s already been announced that Brady is done and everyone knows to prepare for Cassel. He has no motives, and that is what makes me suspicious.

Im just sick of hearing about it. Any other player excpt someone like Manning or LT it would just have been a 2 min blip. O no not TB going down…umm there were 16 other games this week. You 30 min to cover them all and you spend 15 min talking about Brady.

Man has anyone on this planet had their dick sucked literally and figuratively more the Brady?


te he he

[quote]jehovasfitness wrote:
AssOnGrass wrote:
LOL yeah the pat’s “lucked” their way to a 77-17 record over the last 5 seasons (78 wins if you count yesterday)

You just sound a little bitter about not having much to talk about since the 80’s with the skins.

hey, we won SB 26 :smiley: and that was in the 90s… too bad we’ve done dick since[/quote]

I was there. Bills fan.

[quote]tedro wrote:
malonetd wrote:
I’m leaning towards agreeing with you, however, Belichick has always been secretive and ambiguous about player injuries.

Yes, he has, but there is reason for it. Belichek isn’t going to give out any more information that necessary to his opponents, it’s all about strategy. In this case, he has nothing to gain by withholding the information. It’s already been announced that Brady is done and everyone knows to prepare for Cassel. He has no motives, and that is what makes me suspicious.[/quote]

He can’t help but be evasive and dishonest.

I’m really screwed … usually I go to the pats after the bengals are proven useless. And when all else fails I fall back on the bucks full time. Given what happened this saturday and sunday I may have to fall wayyyy back onto the reds … I can start begging for pitching in September …

I’m f*****cked.

[quote]Himora22 wrote:
Man has anyone on this planet had their dick sucked literally and figuratively more the Brady?
[/quote]

Can’t blame the man for literally getting his dick sucked.

But figuratively Favre is right next to him in line.

[quote]tootles27 wrote:
Tear.

Maybe the next bet should be if Brady keeps his girl if he is toast.[/quote]

lol dude hes fucking tom brady. super bowl rings and millions of dollars dont disapear because his knee got a booboo. plus hes a good lookin guy, no homo.

[quote]tedro wrote:
malonetd wrote:
I’m leaning towards agreeing with you, however, Belichick has always been secretive and ambiguous about player injuries.

Yes, he has, but there is reason for it. Belichek isn’t going to give out any more information that necessary to his opponents, it’s all about strategy. In this case, he has nothing to gain by withholding the information.

It’s already been announced that Brady is done and everyone knows to prepare for Cassel. He has no motives, and that is what makes me suspicious.[/quote]

Well there is something to gain. Trying not to make Brady larger than life within the organization. If it were Morris, Thomas, or Watson there wouldn’t be a press conference audience large enough to fill Gillette Stadium.

If you can avoid that feeling within the clubhouse of being defeated already and avoid the self-defeating talk and questioning the mentality will hopefully remain a team first outlook.

It’s not the organization that goes out of the way during their interactions with the press that give the guy that much love. It’s the media’s analysis of the games and seasons.

Plus look at how they handled every injury in the past, there is no reason to run to the media to announce a season ending so quickly.

I mean it was announce around 24 (maybe 30) hours after it happened… give the guy a break.