T Nation

T-Boosting Supplements

I am training MMA right now and I am looking for some quality t supplements. I am weighing about 165 and I am tryin to put on 15-20 lbs. I looked at buyig the Alpha Male stuff. Was wandering what kind of results it produced, how long should take it, and if there are other supplements I should consider. Thanx for any help.

I highly recommend giving Alpha Male a try. It has two compounds, eurycoma and Tribulas, that are going to max out test production and levels of free test. One compound, Carbolin 19, increasing your anabolic (muscle building) state while increasing you ability to drop fat over time, and vitex minimizing any elevated prolactin or estrogen.

Remember however, putting on 15 to twenty pounds is going to rely heavily on your nutrition and training program (weights) if you have those two in order then Alpha Male will help greatly in achieving this goal.

D

Remember, taking Alpha Male isn’t going to “swole” you up like a big does of exogeneous testosterone. It’s going to bump you up into the high end of the normal physiological range. Now, this isn’t a bad thing, it’s what it’s designed to do. Just don’t think it’s going to be a tremendous mass builder.

For me, the biggest advantage is that I seem to be able to stave off overtraining with the Alpha Male. I feel better, am ready to roll all the time and don’t get that shitty burnt out feeling. This improvement in temperment and training can help you build strength and mass along the way.

-Conor

Also I have never taken any supplements. I am 23 years old and I am all new to this stuff. What is the deal with cycling, like 5 days on 1 day off thing. Should I cycle it or just take it every day as the bottle recommends?

[quote]ThrowinBows wrote:
Also I have never taken any supplements. I am 23 years old and I am all new to this stuff. What is the deal with cycling, like 5 days on 1 day off thing. Should I cycle it or just take it every day as the bottle recommends?[/quote]

What bottle are you reading from?
The Recommended Use instructions on the Alpha Male bottle clearly state that you must cycle it: 5 on / 2 off. Some people recommend a super-cycle as well: take it 5 on / 2 off for several weeks, then take a complete break for a couple weeks, then start over if needed.

Stacking it with Rez-V might be a good idea, if you can afford to pay for all these supplements. Taking some ZMA in the evening might be useful too. These two don’t require cycling at all.

But anyway, 23 and taking T boosters? It’s somewhat early IMO, unless you’re attempting some kind of world record, or win a big championship or something like that. A normal, healthy, in-shape male produces enough T until approx the age of 30.

“But anyway, 23 and taking T boosters? It’s somewhat early IMO, unless you’re attempting some kind of world record, or win a big championship or something like that”
Yeah im trying to get ready to get in the cage by december. All the mma training, plyos, cardio, and weight training take a huge toll on my body and I seem to over train. I need something to help me over that platuea. Plus im trying to add on about 10-15 pounds and I struggle so hard with gaining weight.

When I lift I lift heavy eg. 5 sets of 5 reps. and I do overall body workouts three times a week eg. squats, deadlifts, flat bench press, military press, snatches, and lots of chin ups and dips. Thanx for the responses everyone!

[quote]ThrowinBows wrote:
Also I have never taken any supplements. I am 23 years old and I am all new to this stuff. What is the deal with cycling, like 5 days on 1 day off thing. Should I cycle it or just take it every day as the bottle recommends?[/quote]

My bottle of Alpha Male says to cycle on a 5 on 2 off arrangment. Don’t know what yours says…

Havnt bought any yet. That was a typo because I didnt read the label on the website close enough. Sorry for the confusion.