T Below 250 at 25 - All Advice Welcome!

I’m a 25 year old, who as of the last 4-6 months has been feeling the symptoms of low T. I’m 5’9", 185ish and follow a healthy diet. Some pics on my profile for reference. Last week I went and saw a urologist. Friday, I got my results…

I didn’t get a print off but here are some of the results I wrote down.

Total T: 189 (250-1100)
Free T: 18.2 (46-224)
LH: 1.2 (1.2-8.6)
FSH: 3.0 (1.3-19)
TSH 0.9 (0.3-3.7)
Prolactin: 3.74 (2.6-13)

The doctor was really worried about my low LH levels and has referred me to an endocrinologist. I can’t remember what the results were but he said all of my thyroid numbers looked fine. I was just wondering what your opinion of this is, what kind of information I should really “learn” before my appt, and just general suggestions of how to handle this process. I’ll try and get more numbers if they would be more helpful.

Thanks for anything, as I’m stuck with low T until the doctor’s figure this thing out.

Other background that might be helpful.

No AAS history. I once used a pro-hormone for 2 weeks.
I generally stay away from stimulants. One ECA stack for about 6 weeks during a cutting phase.

No hair loss drugs or accidents. Meniscus surgery Dec. 08 and just had pins put in my finger in November 09. I’ve never had a severe blow to the head and vision is perfect as usual.

I’m not sure of the relevancy of the surgeries but I would say symptoms started sometime around the November 09 one. Thinking back, that was my first instance where I demonstrated “lack of desire for sex”. Naked chick in bed and the only reason I went through with it was because I didn’t want to be viewed as a weak guy.

I’ve not had sex or had any desire to since then. I’m also a very “positive/nothing gets me down” guy and the mood swings I have are terrible. I show no zest for life despite having no reason to be upset about anything. These symptoms started about 2-3 months ago.

I wouldn’t say I’ve started to lose muscle and gain fat however I just did an 8 week cut and feel like the results were very minor considering how well I managed my diet. I also consider my strength gains far inferior to what they should be.

Occasionally, I go through times of feeling cold easily, which is not normal at all for me, but I still sleep well. I’m not sure how much salt I should be getting but I would say I do not get a large amount. I don’t follow the Paleo diet but what I eat is pretty similar and I add no table salt to my foods.

I have read the sticky and have begun to read information regarding hypothyroidism and pan hypopituitarism.

Write down your history and time lines and print for talking points with doc. That will cover the bases and doc will spend less time taking notes.

Get and always retain copies of all lab work. You need to own your lab data.

How have your testes changed? Any pain? -and when did that start relative to other symptoms.

You need to have some iodine in your diet, typically from iodized table salt.

do 5/3/1. It will make your man-parts work again

Well I am 31 and had low test levels due to AS usage.

In three months I went from 190 to 610 for total test.

I went from 7.6 to 22.4 in Free Testosterone

My doc put me on a low dosed test cream…which didnt do crap!!!

So I found a doc by the name of Dr. Scalley over at mesomorphosis.com

I found an article of his that called for hcg, clomid, and nolvadex. Ran this for 4 weeks and then waited 2-3 weeks and got blood worked rechecked.

The protocol I used was designed for former AS users. Not sure if the same would apply to your situation. I can get you this doctors email addie if you are interested. He does consultations but they are expensive.

Btris

[quote]KSman wrote:
Write down your history and time lines and print for talking points with doc. That will cover the bases and doc will spend less time taking notes.

Get and always retain copies of all lab work. You need to own your lab data.

How have your testes changed? Any pain? -and when did that start relative to other symptoms.

You need to have some iodine in your diet, typically from iodized table salt.

[/quote]

Thanks again for all the tips. I’ll have all my information with me when I go to my first appt.

I have no testes pain, whatsoever. Urologist said everything looked/felt normal.

[quote]mjnewland wrote:
do 5/3/1. It will make your man-parts work again[/quote]

I lol’d. Several months ago (ya know, when everybody on this site started doing it) I made my first attempt at 5/3/1 and my numbers dropped in 3 out of the 4 lifts, 3 weeks in a row. I guess for some the program will make your parts work again and for some it will make you realize they’re not workin at all.

What about E2 numbers? Also, search some of KSman’s threads in the over-35 area. There are several good stickies that may guide you in your quest.