T-2 Use Information

Hey, what if you ARE a type 1 diabetic (insulin dependent) but, according to your endocrinologist, you are the healthiest person he has ever met? No problems using MD6 or other formulas, nor any problem with T3 before.

Thanks,

TRS

I certainly don’t want to step on anyones toes or put words in there mouth, but I think the declaration of who can and shouldn’t take these products is to cover his (and biotests) ass (and is certainly warranted). If the product is as killer as we all expect it to be, I think Biotest wants it to remain that way figuratively and not literally!

OK, Ill direct this one toward Bill or Brock, and a bit more discreetly just so I can get an answer, become an educated consumer, and not take something thatll destroy my thyroid. My question is in reference to another product on the market at this time containing T2 (along with other ingreds simular to whats in MD6). Now you seem VERY firm on the fact not to take more than 150 mcgs of this stuff a day, as to not burn up. As you probably know, the product Im refering to has about 300 mcgs per daily recommended dose. Am I to assume that either it is mislabeled or misrepresented (AKA crap), or is Biotest being abit conservative setting the limit at 150 mcgs. I certainly don’t want to take 2X the safe dosage of T2 and hurt myself, so could you please give me your thoughts?

Well, without having a lab analysis of that product in my hand, and I don’t, I don’t want
to say it did not have what the label claimed.
However it does seem strange.

On the other hand, the company in question
never did have safety as its slightest concern
(e.g., usnic acid, tiratricol) so it wouldn’t have been out of character for the dosage to
have been unwise.

BTW, this other product by the company that had the 300 mg daily dosing of diiodothyronine, and which is now yanked from the market, has killed people – from the usnic acid, I would think, certainly not the thyroid hormone. So I am hardly being unfair when I say that this company does not take safety adequately into account.

Back to the T2 question. It is certainly possible to take idiotic dosages of thyroid hormone and not “burn up.” There are people who take 200 mcg/day
or more of T3. There’s even a character who recommends “1 mcg per lb.” It’s an idiotic dose, and of
course they have to work up to it, and of course the body is downregulating responsiveness to thyroid so as to be able to survive these dosages.

One could do the same sort of thing with T2
but it isn’t to be recommended, because there
really is no significant further benefit, and there
are guaranteed adverse effects from overdosing any thyroid hormone. Certainly you would find it very unpleasant.

So it’s not that you’d be cooked from the inside out as is possible with DNP,
but we do not think you should go above label dose.

Bodz, with respect to your question about what supplements may be used with your condition of a tumor on the pituitary. The thing here is that while we understand quite well how these various supplements and their components work in the normally-functioning body, various disease states, including this tumor, are things that require knowledge that is beyond my frontiers of ignorance. I would personally feel comfortable with anything that is simply nutritional – providing things which would be in your diet anyway, but in perhaps a better form, or in somewhat greater quantity – and would be highly reluctant to use hormones. It would take specific familiarity with the specific disease to be able to say, for example, whether thyroid hormone (T2 or other)
could have an adverse effect on your tumor or not. And only rather few experts, usually medical doctors specializing in the specific area, have a broad and deep enough understanding of the specific disease to be able to reason whether one should expect use to be okay, or not. I just can’t. Wish I could help but I cannot.

Bill, a laoding dose is always twice the maintenance amount and given only once on day one of any drug regimen, regardless of half life.

Bill thanks for addressing my issue.

JP, no offense intended but your statement with regard to loading dose is incorrect. Your formula is correct only in the case when the dosing frequency is precisely one half-life. If it is more frequent, e.g., Clomid is typically taken every day though the half life is 5 days, then the loading dose is (number of dosings per half life) plus one.
If it is less frequent than once per half life, then it would either be less than double, or more likely, no loading dose at all.