Syringe/Needle Suggestions, Experienced but Need to Change

Without going in to extra detail, I need to ensure I’m getting a true IM shot. I’m currently using 28g .5ml 1/2" insulin syringes for my shots, but I’m concerned that I’m not getting deep enough. Was injecting into glutes/side of my hips and am switching to outer quads.

I prefer all-in-one syringes vs having to buy needles and syringes separately. I can’t seem to find longer needles in a insulin syringe. I found some tuberculin syringes that are a 1ml barrel, 1 inch 25g needle. Are those my best bet?

Thanks.

[quote]InCorporeSano wrote:
Without going in to extra detail, I need to ensure I’m getting a true IM shot. I’m currently using 28g .5ml 1/2" insulin syringes for my shots, but I’m concerned that I’m not getting deep enough. Was injecting into glutes/side of my hips and am switching to outer quads.

I prefer all-in-one syringes vs having to buy needles and syringes separately. I can’t seem to find longer needles in a insulin syringe. I found some tuberculin syringes that are a 1ml barrel, 1 inch 25g needle. Are those my best bet?

Thanks. [/quote]
I’ve been injecting twice a week for about 6 months. And I’ve only injected in my quads. Depending on what needles my pharmacy has available, I use 25g 1", or 25g 5/8". The 5/8" goes in all the way, the 1" almost all the way. But I have very lean legs, so I’m not going through any fat.