T Nation

Synod of Bishops for the New Evangelism!

http://whispersintheloggia.blogspot.com/2012/10/the-new-evangelization-is-not-program.html

OMGZ!!! I’m so excited! I should have put down the $2500 to go over to Rome for the last week! Anyway, but basically this has been in the making since 1967 with the Synod of Bishops for Evangelism. This is one of the largest “revolutions” in the Church. This will be the biggest progress to the face of Western Catholicism since the Council of Trent. This is the actual tree of Vatican II coming to produce its fruit!

You may think this is just 258 old dudes in robes coming together to talk about stuff that makes no difference. But not only is it much larger than that, it already has produced one of the largest explosions of believers since St. Paul and St. Francis Xavier. This is what produced the man known as John Paul the Great and his long and fruitful reign as the Vicar of Christ. Produced World Youth Day, one of the largest gatherings in the world. And, has produced the largest growth of the Catholic Church in its known history from ~.4 Billion Catholics to 1.2 Billion Catholics in fifty years.

“BE NOT AFRAID!” - Jesus and the first words of John Paul the Great as the Pope.

[quote]Brother Chris wrote:
http://whispersintheloggia.blogspot.com/2012/10/the-new-evangelization-is-not-program.html

OMGZ!!! I’m so excited! I should have put down the $2500 to go over to Rome for the last week! Anyway, but basically this has been in the making since 1967 with the Synod of Bishops for Evangelism. This is one of the largest “revolutions” in the Church. This will be the biggest progress to the face of Western Catholicism since the Council of Trent. This is the actual tree of Vatican II coming to produce its fruit!

You may think this is just 258 old dudes in robes coming together to talk about stuff that makes no difference. But not only is it much larger than that, it already has produced one of the largest explosions of believers since St. Paul and St. Francis Xavier. This is what produced the man known as John Paul the Great and his long and fruitful reign as the Vicar of Christ. Produced World Youth Day, one of the largest gatherings in the world. And, has produced the largest growth of the Catholic Church in its known history from ~.4 Billion Catholics to 1.2 Billion Catholics in fifty years.

“BE NOT AFRAID!” - Jesus and the first words of John Paul the Great as the Pope.[/quote]

Cool, but are there really that many Catholics on this board to warrant a seperate post?

. And, has produced the largest growth of the Catholic Church in its known history from ~.4 Billion Catholics to 1.2 Billion Catholics in fifty years.

[/quote]

Isn’t that just the no birth control thing?

Weeeeelllll…

Its always nice to see someone excited about something that does not involve T&A or American Idol…

[quote]orion wrote:
Weeeeelllll…

Its always nice to see someone excited about something that does not involve T&A or American Idol…[/quote]

x2

[quote]Neuromancer wrote:

[quote]orion wrote:
Weeeeelllll…

Its always nice to see someone excited about something that does not involve T&A or American Idol…[/quote]

x2[/quote]

You thought I was perfectly serious, werent you?

You were right.

[quote]orion wrote:
Weeeeelllll…

x2[/quote]

Also a double post

Come to think of it, a triple post.

[quote]orion wrote:

[quote]orion wrote:
Weeeeelllll…

x2[/quote]

double post [/quote]

[quote]Sloth wrote:

“BE NOT AFRAID!” - Jesus and the first words of John Paul the Great as the Pope.[/quote]

Cool, but are there really that many Catholics on this board to warrant a seperate post?
[/quote]

Maybe not. I unno. Just got over excited.

As I understand it, the gist is a more assertive Church in the face of rising secularism? In other words, hold strong and hunker down rather than adapt and “modernize” further (I know a Catholic wouldn’t use that word, but you know what I mean)?

[quote]smh23 wrote:
As I understand it, the gist is a more assertive Church in the face of rising secularism? In other words, hold strong and hunker down rather than adapt and “modernize” further (I know a Catholic wouldn’t use that word, but you know what I mean)?[/quote]

The gist is more people to vote for Obama. Not many religions are over 50% Dem vote except for Catholics.

[quote]Sloth wrote:

[/quote]

Maybe not. I unno. Just got over excited.[/quote]

I’m sorry, I don’t mean to lecture you. Obviously you’re within your rights to post it. I guess sometimes I detect a bit of…baiting. Like, ‘come get some.’ And, it’s just that we have enough of those threads. Even, specifically involving our Church. And that kind of stuff seems counterproductive to me. But that’s my hangup, not yours. It’s subjective, I suppose. Don’t mind me.

This post was flagged by the community and is temporarily hidden.

If you go to Rome, hit me up and I will tell you all the bomb places to grub at.

[quote]Chushin wrote:

[quote]orion wrote:

[quote]orion wrote:
Weeeeelllll…

x2[/quote]

You thought I was perfectly serious, werent you?

You were right. [/quote]

English fail, Big O.[/quote]

If I managed to cast doubts on the seriousness of my first post and then flip it around by saying that I indeed were, I consider my mission to be accomplished.

[quote]sufiandy wrote:

[quote]smh23 wrote:
As I understand it, the gist is a more assertive Church in the face of rising secularism? In other words, hold strong and hunker down rather than adapt and “modernize” further (I know a Catholic wouldn’t use that word, but you know what I mean)?[/quote]

The gist is more people to vote for Obama. Not many religions are over 50% Dem vote except for Catholics.[/quote]

The Synod of Bishops cares VERY little about Obama or Romney or any American president. The USA doesn’t wield anywhere near the influence in the Vatican as in much of world politics.

[quote]smh23 wrote:

No. It has nothing to do with being assertive beyond a call for people to re-propose the Gospel and along with that the true meaning of the Gospel. Most people (including myself and fellow Catholics friends, here) lack a basic handle on the Gospel and what it means…this is rather obvious with the vice-presidential debates. Neither one of them came close in their answers to anything resembling what can be found in anything coming from the Magisterium. Stephen Colbert would do good to put both Biden and Ryan in his Sunday School class after that dog and pony show.

[quote]MaximusB wrote:
If you go to Rome, hit me up and I will tell you all the bomb places to grub at. [/quote]

I definitely will, brother.