Synergy93 - Fill Us In

Im not sure if I am more jealous of your physique of the fact that you were on stage with Tool.

That experience was crazy. They’re musical geniuses in my opinion. They were just here in Minneapolis a couple of weeks ago…killed it.

Is that your real beard in your picture?? it’s bad ass.

[quote]RMorrison wrote:
Im not sure if I am more jealous of your physique of the fact that you were on stage with Tool.[/quote]

My career ended from knee injury. I completely tore my patella tendon and was never able to get back to my previous physical levels of performance. To this day, I still can’t lift even close to what I used to.

At one point, I was pretty strong, for not ever focusing on strength.

I benched 500 about the time I went to the NFL combine in 2001. I can do about 465 lbs. now. I’m happy with that since I’m about 60 lbs. lighter, so my relative strength in the bench is about the same

I squatted 700 in college. Then herniated 3 discs in my back which required surgery and ended my second season in the pros. I can squat about 585 now…I’m happy with that considering I had a back surgery, and two knee surgeries. I could bring it up more, but it’s not worth it.

I don’t lift the olympic lifts heavy these days, but was once able to clean 500 (which is what was on the bar in that photo in my profile).

[quote]Liv92 wrote:

[quote]synergy93 wrote:
Nose guard and defensive tackle

I weighed about about 300, but have been as high as 315.

Proof, that even playing professional sports, and working out up to 15-20 hours per week at an intense level, that you can still be fat due to poor nutritional habits. Yes, I had to be that big for my position, but it’s real world proof of how important your eating is

[quote]Liv92 wrote:
Synergy what position did you play for football? Damn you looked hugr (Still do actually) in that football pic.
And how much much did you weigh back then?

I’ll be following this closely. [/quote]
[/quote]

Understood. I know my diet has been holding me back but i’m an 18 year old kid with no job. So I can only eat whats available at my house, and to top it off i’m like you carb sensitive which kinda hurts. I should be getting a job soon at my college hopefully and I can start buying food for myself and some protein powder. sorry for the hijack btw this thread is about you and not me:)

How did your football career end?

Also what are some of your lifts at right now? [/quote]

[quote]synergy93 wrote:
My career ended from knee injury. I completely tore my patella tendon and was never able to get back to my previous physical levels of performance. To this day, I still can’t lift even close to what I used to.

At one point, I was pretty strong, for not ever focusing on strength.

I benched 500 about the time I went to the NFL combine in 2001. I can do about 465 lbs. now. I’m happy with that since I’m about 60 lbs. lighter, so my relative strength in the bench is about the same

I squatted 700 in college. Then herniated 3 discs in my back which required surgery and ended my second season in the pros. I can squat about 585 now…I’m happy with that considering I had a back surgery, and two knee surgeries. I could bring it up more, but it’s not worth it.

I don’t lift the olympic lifts heavy these days, but was once able to clean 500 (which is what was on the bar in that photo in my profile).
[/quote]

Wow those are some amazing numbers. No wonder you played pro ball

were your 3 herniated discs from squatting or a football related injury?

Football related

Hip tossed a 330 lb offensive guard on a pass rush move upfield…successful hip toss, but heard a triple pop (could actually hear all three pops) as I did it.

I finished the game, and to this day, have no idea how I was able to do it…my hips were turned completely side ways from the muscle spasms around my low back and hips

[quote]therajraj wrote:
were your 3 herniated discs from squatting or a football related injury?[/quote]

wow man you’re a fucking beast!!! I’m a 9ers fan as well! I’m definitely going to keep an eye on this thread.

That pic of your cleaning in your profile is awesome! So much weight and all the dudes in the background are going nuts that you got it up! totally bad ass

This one might be a stretch but I’m dying to know anyways.
In the picture of you power cleaning you’re standing on a platform with the U of MN stamped on it.
Do you remember where the hell they had platforms at the U?? The only place I’ve found bumper plates at the U now is in the rec center, and it’s off in a little corner of the gym with no platforms.

That picture was taken at the Bierman football complex. Not sure what they did with the platforms if they got rid of them. I’d have to imagine they’re still there[

quote]Sharp4850 wrote:
In the picture of you power cleaning you’re standing on a platform with the U of MN stamped on it.
Do you remember where the hell they had platforms at the U?? The only place I’ve found bumper plates at the U now is in the rec center, and it’s off in a little corner of the gym with no platforms.[/quote]

Man that nutrition post was full of win. I do something very similar but I am going to make a few changes based on what you wrote. I especially like that shake you make with chia seeds… going to have to start doing that for my snack between classes. Do you use cocoa nibs at all?

How much sleep do you usually get? I’m asking 'cause I’m about to get a solid 7 hours, got 6 hours yesterday. By ‘solid’, I mean I’m gonna feel like ass tomorrow.

[quote]synergy93 wrote:
That picture was taken at the Bierman football complex. Not sure what they did with the platforms if they got rid of them. I’d have to imagine they’re still there

[quote]Sharp4850 wrote:
Do you remember where the hell they had platforms at the U?? The only place I’ve found bumper plates at the U now is in the rec center, and it’s off in a little corner of the gym with no platforms.[/quote]
[/quote]
Huh, I’m guessing Bierman is where the athlete’s gym is located then. I don’t think I’ll have access to it.
Thanks anyways!

Synergy, I must say I love the way your diet looks.

Also, this pic is awesome, [photo]20247[/photo]

Thanks bro. I appreciate the kind words. I took that over a year ago and have made some nice progress since. I think I was about 220 lbs in that photo, and have added about 15 lbs of lean mass since.

That’s what I love about this stuff, always striving to improve.

Good luck with your training. Get the nutrition squared away and you’ll be amazed at how big of a difference it will make with your overall physique development.

quote]Rocky2 wrote:
Synergy, I must say I love the way your diet looks.

Also, this pic is awesome, [photo]20247[/photo][/quote]

One can find many diamonds in your post regarding your diet. :slight_smile: Could you share more on your training split, excersise choices, experiences?

excuse my ‘pushinground’, but I’m eager to learn from the more developed dudes! Keep your posts coming!.<

What do you do for cardio?

thnx for sharing that compact pice of nutritional-brilliance. and damn what a beast you are!

Fucking inspiration man - I hope I can look like that in 10 years or so.

But I do have a question: I noticed that you said you had three herniated discs, and were still able to squat a ton of weight. Well, I have 2 herniated discs and I’m 18 (yeah it fucking sucks) and squatting causes me a shit ton of pain. Even front squatting, which i’ve stuck to for the past year or so kills my lower back.

So, basically, I’m just wondering how you still manage to squat heavy the way you do - any tips or advice you could give me? I would really appreciate it.

Cool thread, absolute beast.

Great thread. It look s like we can add synergy to the T-Nation list of awesome members. Thanks for taking the time to explain what you do.

Based on the day diet you posted, would it be correct to say that you support front loading carbs pre-workout, and then stick with P+F meals for the rest of the day? Is this your standard practice, or only something that pertains to certain days?

Also, more importantly, who is your favorite current and former NFLer?