Synephrine ???

Anyone out there know anything about synephrine? I realize it is some form of ephedrine, but what are the specifics? Any negatives or drawbacks with this stuff?

It’s supposed to be an alternative to ephedra without the blood pressure and jittery effects. I’ve heard mixed feelings about it and that it definitely is not as powerful. I haven’t seen it compared to HCL though, which would be the only true comparison necessary today, since ephedra is not available.

Thanks-anyone else?

[quote]eengrms76 wrote:
It’s supposed to be an alternative to ephedra without the blood pressure and jittery effects. I’ve heard mixed feelings about it and that it definitely is not as powerful. I haven’t seen it compared to HCL though, which would be the only true comparison necessary today, since ephedra is not available.[/quote]

Ephedra is available.

[quote]Marmadogg wrote:
eengrms76 wrote:
It’s supposed to be an alternative to ephedra without the blood pressure and jittery effects. I’ve heard mixed feelings about it and that it definitely is not as powerful. I haven’t seen it compared to HCL though, which would be the only true comparison necessary today, since ephedra is not available.

Ephedra is available.[/quote]

Really where? I believe it’s still not available in it’s original form. The product that is available is Ephedrine HCL, which is not the same thing.

Synephrine is also known as bitter orange. It is contained in citrus aurantium, which contains two other main ingredients. It is still debated as to whether it works or not, personally I would go with HOT-ROX, and just work out and make sure ur diet is in check. I wouldnt waste money on synephrine unless it is an ingredient in another product, which combines other ingredients.

[quote]eengrms76 wrote:
Marmadogg wrote:
eengrms76 wrote:

Ephedra is available.

Really where? I believe it’s still not available in it’s original form. The product that is available is Ephedrine HCL, which is not the same thing.[/quote]

I’ve actually bought some trashy ephedra product post ban, the ingredients list(among other things that is usually stacked with Ephedra): “Ma Huang:(standardized to 10mg ephedrine)”

actually i’m not sure if that is EphH-Cl, or the real thing. either way i dont care, the bottle is never getting opened by me.

[quote]eengrms76 wrote:
Really where? I believe it’s still not available in it’s original form. The product that is available is Ephedrine HCL, which is not the same thing.[/quote]

It is, based on a ruling in Utah - Nutraceutical Corp. challenged the ephedra ban by essentially saying it gives the FDA the right to ban any substance it deems harmful in large doses.

Needless to say, the ban was overturned, and not well publicized.

The FDA is appealing the ruling.

Thanks everyone, I have a client using Lipo 6 and wanted her to know what she was taking. I Googled ‘synephrine’ but couldn’t find much info on it, which is why I turned to the experts here at T-Nation. Does anyone know of any specific drawbacks or have any concerns with using it resposibly? I personally don’t like ephedrine (in any form) -makes me too jittery and does numbers on my heart. Thanks again.