Symptoms of Low T Levels or Something Else?

I’m 26 years old, been training for around 3 years now and I’ve never used any AAS in my life, however I feel like there’s something wrong with my body.

First of all, let me say that I’ve always been horny as a dog until last year. I’ve literally went to bed every night thinking about sex and it was on my mind all the time.

However, things have changed since. Let me explain.

A little over a year ago, I’ve entered a stage of chronic alcoholism. I won’t go further on that as it’s vastly off-topic, but I must say that I’ve been sober for 5 months now, however I am seeing the damage done. I mean I’ve drank A LOT, by a lot, I mean a bottle of whiskey a night wasn’t enough to fulfill my needs.

Long story short, I’m now dealing with extreme libido issues, I mean literally and also very poor erections. My girlfriend would literally lay naked in front of me and I feel the same as if staring at the wall. I’m no longer that turned on by women at all, like I used to get horny only when talking to chicks, now everything is like… meh.

The explanation I have for this is that alcohol abuse vastly decreases testosterone levels, we know that for sure. However, I don’t have the other symptoms of low testosterone such as fatigue, depression, muscle loss… basically all of them, only the lack of libido. I’m not of sure where this comes from, but I know for sure it’s impacting my personal life negatively and I’d be happy if somebody could give an advice.

I’ll be checking my test levels this week and if everything turns out fine, what could other possible causes be?

Missing any of the testing below may mean your issues go undiagnosed and therefore doctor believes you are fine. I don’t expect your doctor to run the necessary testing, most fail at hormone testing and only the best and brightest are properly able to diagnose and treat their patients.

Most men start to experience symptoms of low testosterone when dipping below 500 ng/dL, in fact studies show cardiovascular risk <440 ng/dL and men with lower Free T tend to have more aggressive prostate cancer and more cardiovascular issues. Provided below is what you really need to see what’s going on.

Total T
Free T
SHBG
Estradiol Sensitive (E2)
LH-Luteinizing Hormone
FSH-Follicle stimulating hormone
Prolactin
Cortisol
Ferritin
Thyroid Panel
CBC-complete blood count
Comprehensive Metabolic Panel
Lipid profile/panel

If total T levels are within a normal range though, wouldn’t that mean the rest is irrelevant. I mean, if T levels are low, we should dig deeper into the exact cause of the low level, but if it’s in normal or high range, the issue is elsewhere?

Normal ranges you say, normal ranges are taken from a population that is obese, breathing toxic air and little exercise. We have known for decades testosterone is declining in men, the normal ranges have been altered many times as recently as 2 years ago. In another 50 years the ranges will have dropped to pre puberty levels and men will be infertile.

Should we just lay down and except this new normal, doctor says I’m normal but what’s really going on behind closed doctors is the insurance companies are trying to wiggle out of having to pay for a life long treatment that will end up costing a fortune over a lifetime.

This is why the standards for TRT are so low, you basically have to score levels similar to an elderly man to get TRT approved. There are countless men who have been told they are normal, only to pay for TRT privately and see TRT cure all their ills.

You will more than likely get quacked by your doctor, only a few hours of reading will you become more educated on the topic of TRT than your doctor. They learn nothing about sex hormones in medical school, no training and have no knowledge which only leaves more chances to get quacked by your doctor.

Do you want me to notify you after my visit if you’re interested?

Doesn’t TRT make you infertile in the long turn tho?

There are ways around infertility, adding HCG and FSH injections toa TRT protocol works nicely and also restarting the HPTA using clomid works as well.

You have probably scarred your liver with all that alcohol.

SHBG could be high giving you little free testosterone. So even if your TT was fine, your free test would be in the dirt.

1 Like

What labs do you have? How’s your A1C? You are going to have some serious brain-chemical issues. Test may actually be fine, but a lot of things can be out of whack. Maybe some HTP-5 or L-Dopa ould help, or tyrosine. We kind of need labs to really offer advice.