Sylvia Comments on Fedor

“I’ve met Fedor…he’s a tiny little shit.”
-The Great Tim Syliva after UFC 61

If we get to see Wandy vs Lidell, maybe we can finally see Tim fight a real top heavyweight and get broken. You don’t even need Fedor, I’d bet $100 that Aleksander would beat his brains in. Aleksander and Fedor could rule the HW division of both orgs.

unbelievable…

especially after last nite (and i’ve never been a fan of sylvia) it seems like ANY pride heavyweight i’ve seen would easily reign in the ufc. the disparity is getting ridiculous.

Leg Nog have him first. Would be funny watching CC, NOG or Fedor rip him apart.

[quote]Donut62 wrote:

.[/quote]

Fedor or CroCop would kill someone like Tim. Can’t compare Pride Heavyweights to UFC.

Would absolutely LOVE to see Fedor or Cro Cop against Silvia. It would be ugly (for Silvia) but nice to let all the UFC fans see where the best in the world fight.

Fedor would take it the the ground and unleash on Silvia’s face while we all know Cro Cop’s high kicks would show Silvia another side of the stand up game (which Silvia thinks he cannot be beaten at).

[quote]AC1 wrote:
Would absolutely LOVE to see Fedor or Cro Cop against Silvia. It would be ugly (for Silvia) but nice to let all the UFC fans see where the best in the world fight.

Fedor would take it the the ground and unleash on Silvia’s face while we all know Cro Cop’s high kicks would show Silvia another side of the stand up game (which Silvia thinks he cannot be beaten at).

[/quote]

I doubt Cro Cop would even use a high kick. He just fractured Yoshida’s femur in Pride with a low kick, and Tim’s big long skinny spindles are a prime target. Arlovski’s leg kicks were working beautifully until he suddenly forgot how to do them in the last few rounds. Very puzzling.

[quote]Donut62 wrote:

If we get to see Wandy vs Lidell, maybe we can finally see Tim fight a real top heavyweight and get broken. You don’t even need Fedor, I’d bet $100 that Aleksander would beat his brains in. Aleksander and Fedor could rule the HW division of both orgs.[/quote]

LMAO. Fedor would absolutely destroy Sylvia. Seriously, what is this guy thinking?

I agree that Fedor would absolutely wipe-out the UFC’s heavyweight division. No one in the heavyweight UFC has a game as complete and versatile as Fedor’s.

I’d like to see Tim take on LeBanner first.

sylvia does not impress me

[quote]slimjim wrote:
I’d like to see Tim take on LeBanner first. [/quote]

Yeah, that would be incredible. Jerome pulled out of the K-1 WGP this year, so maybe he’s taking his long-time rumored move to MMA very seriously. Here’s his respone to Tim calling him a “French pussy.” And he rags on Tim’s sun glasses :slight_smile:

[quote]Donut62 wrote:
AC1 wrote:

I doubt Cro Cop would even use a high kick. He just fractured Yoshida’s femur in Pride with a low kick, and Tim’s big long skinny spindles are a prime target. Arlovski’s leg kicks were working beautifully until he suddenly forgot how to do them in the last few rounds. Very puzzling.[/quote]

Not only did Arlovski forget the leg kicks, he forgot he is a Sombo Master, for crying out loud. Did he forget that he could actually take Silvia to the ground?

Honestly, I thought Arlovski was using some grand strategy of setting Silvia up with all the jabs and OH rights, only to shoot the legs, take him down, ground and pound, then submit him. Silly me.

I thought Silvia was at his best at the end of the fight when, in apparent tears, he seemed humble and gave some credit to Arlovski, instead of the constant feculance that comes out of mouth.

Sylvia has to be the most awkward fighter I have ever seen. He always amazes me that he wins.
Arlovski is much more talented I thought, but he could not beat Sylvia.

Arlovski looked less agressive last night than in anyother fight I’ve seen him in. Sylvia would get destroyed by any of the pride Heavies. He also looks like he’s running a meth lab in a trailer park in Arkansas.

First, why do you insult meth lab operators? What’d they ever do to you?

Second, did Arlovski completely forget how to do takedowns or ground fight? He’s an expert in sambo, he beat Sylvia with a submission the first time, why not go back to what works?

As for Sylvia fighting a Pride fighter, why not start him out with Bob Sapp. If he can beat him then give him Fedor. Then give him a wake and a nice ceremony.

Good one

The more I see UFC, the more I start to wonder what’s real and what’s fixed.

Anyway, I highly recommend the LeBanner-Sapp fight. THis is one of my all time favorites, from an entertainment POV. Each round alternates betw MMA and k-1 so no fighter has the advantage.

http://www.youtube.com/results?search=le+banner+sapp&search_type=search_videos&search=Search

[quote]Donut62 wrote:

If we get to see Wandy vs Lidell, maybe we can finally see Tim fight a real top heavyweight and get broken. You don’t even need Fedor, I’d bet $100 that Aleksander would beat his brains in. Aleksander and Fedor could rule the HW division of both orgs.[/quote]

Look at this, I go away for one weekend, and I miss all of the action.

First of all, the fight between Sylvia and Arlovski was the most pathetic heavyweight championship match I’ve ever seen. They should have made it 12, 2 minute rounds, given them big red gloves, and made kicks illegal…

Even with Arlovski’s grown in chin protector (aka his huge beard to save his ass) he was too afraid to form any kind of offense.

Had he continued to utilize the leg kicks alone, nevermind opting for a takedown, he would have won because by the 4th/5th round Sylvia’s chicken legs would have been broken.

That aside, why the fuck is Arlovski turning into the most one-dimensional fighter I’ve ever seen? He needs to stop being a douchebag and start acting like his other Sambo masters aka the Emelianenko brothers. I’m pretty sure I could take Sylvia down with a simple ankle pick because he is the most unathletic human being I have ever seen in my entire life.

Rant over.

Here is a list of international heavyweights that would destroy Sylvia, hands down:
Mark Hunt, Josh Barnett, Jerome LeBanner, Cro Cop, Randleman, Nog, Vovchancyn, Emelianenko Brothers, Shogun (if he gained some weight and was healthy), etc… basically the list is endless because Sylvia is pathetic.

[quote]bigblue244 wrote:

First of all, the fight between Sylvia and Arlovski was the most pathetic heavyweight championship match I’ve ever seen. They should have made it 12, 2 minute rounds, given them big red gloves, and made kicks illegal…

[/quote]

I really question Arlovski’s corner, and his training camp. I don’t know what kind of advice he was given, but I think any respectable trainer would have choke slammed him against the cage after the 3rd Round and threatened his life because he quit those devastating low kicks. I really think the AA needs to head back to the motherland and look up Red Devil Sport Club, a Holland gym, Russian Top Team etc. He needs to be with Sambo fighters that can teach him how to fully integrate his skills.

For an example of what a good camp can do for a fighter, AA just needs to look at his last two fights. Sylvia is a lumbaring, awkward giant. But Miletich has somehow made him into something way more than he ever could have, or should have been. Props to MFS.

Well according to the master of punishment Chris Leben, all the pussy fighters reside in Japan. You know the guys who couldn’t make it in the grandest land of all the U S of A.

Syliva is on a role, he is the most athletically built man ever, his athleticism is something of a marvel, nevermind him testing positive for steroids, he wanted to look even more superhumanly athletic.

He is right, Fedor is only 6’ and Syliva is a mighty 6’8" and ask TUF guys like Brad Imes, Dan Christianson, by being ridiculously tall it automatically makes you superhuman.

Fedor can’t fight because he doesn’t have a human soul…yeah right.

Fedor has fought some big dudes, it wasn’t much for him. Syliva’s heavy weight matches have mostly been a joke. I mean what is Cabbage Cabrera going to do besides take a “punch really well” simply because the structure of his head allows him to be punched several times while retaining conciousness.

Not sure what Arlovski was thinking there were many points he could have capitalized on that, and if he took Tim to the ground it would have been over.

Tim also said “beat Arlovski’s ass for 25 minutes, I would like to think I earned my respect.”