Swollen Finger

I help coach my former high school wrestling team and just drill and wrestle with the guys on the team and I dislocated my pinky finger while wrestling and cracked it back in place but it’s still swollen as all hell to the point that it cant bend due to swelling not pain and it obviously cant really grip anything, which is where my problem is…has anyone had this problem and will this make me unable to deadlift? It feels so stupid to not be able to deadlift because of a pinky…

Anytime you dislocate a joint you want to get at least an x-ray to rule out a fracture. This is especially true with fingers. So that would be my first recommendation - go see a doc for an xray.

Yeah, I first thought “fracture” not dislocation. Maybe it’s both.

i’m getting it x-rayed on sunday…i dont think it’s broken though cause the pain is minimal

I have similar thing. Went for an interception and the sun blinded me, ball bounced off my pinky, the first joint. I can move it now and grip it however my first joint is swollen like a mfthka. I think its just alot of pus stored inside.Tried to get a dr. appt but found out he is booked for two weeks, WTF?! anyways yea its been a month and its still swollen just got to wait for this dr. Same guy told me i should stop taking whey protien pshhh…

Chipped the bone at the joint…should be swollen til february. Doc said lifting is okay, just to take it easy on the pulls. Great, I was focusing on getting DL numbers up