Switching Up Workout Question

I previously wrote a post about help with suppersetting workouts and thank you to those who helped me with that. The other question I had was I have been doing workouts with supersetting in them for the past 5 months, just switching up the exercises. I have done this to save time because i do not have very much of it. I am happy with my results but wondered if I can keep doing supersets of should I switch to another method? Thank you

You could probably get away with just switching exercises, rep ranges, exercise order, etc. for a while. But at some point your body would likely benefit from a break from all of the super setting.

Just like any other variable, the body will get used to what you are doing. Since you have been switching up the exercises, you haven’t hit a plateau yet, but you probably will at some point.

Time is almost always a consideration for everyone, so you are not alone. How much time do you have and how many sets are you getting done during that time?

Read this interview and think about getting the book Muscle Revolution by Chad Waterbury.

http://www.T-Nation.com/readTopic.do?id=1353217

D

I lift 3 days a week. My workout consists on 1Ab, 2AB, 3AB. It usually takes me about 35 minutes or so. I thought i would have to switch it up one day. Do you have any suggestions for a good 3 day a week workout for “tone”. Want to hit 15-13 RM.

[quote]habashar wrote:
I lift 3 days a week. My workout consists on 1Ab, 2AB, 3AB. It usually takes me about 35 minutes or so. I thought i would have to switch it up one day. Do you have any suggestions for a good 3 day a week workout for “tone”. Want to hit 15-13 RM.[/quote]

you don’t “Tone” in the gym, you do it in the kitchen. The fact you put it in quotations makes me think you half ass new your doing something wrong.

I know you “tone” in the kitchen and yes, i have read on this site before when people say the word tone, it gets them into trouble. Is lean up a better term. I finished a bulk phase and now want to “lean”/“define” the muscle that i gained. I am going more for endurance in my rep scheme and i was looking to see if anyone had any reccomendations on a workout.