T Nation

Switching Up the Workout

Hey guys,

Just wondering if you guys could help me switch this workout up a bit? I have been following it for 4 weeks now and want to adjust the exercises to keep the body guessing and to keep growth up. Here it is:

Day 1:
Squats 5x5
Pull ups 4x10 pair with Close Grip Bench press 4x5-7
PB Leg bridge 4x6-8
DB Hammer Curl 3x5-7

Day 2:
Deadlift 5x5
DB Incline Bench Press 4x10-12 paired with Seated Cable Row 4x10-12
Seated DB press 4x5-7
DB shrugs 3x5-7

Day 3:
Bench Press 5x5
1 arm db row 4x5-7 paired with Leg Press 4x10-12
Dips 3x12
DB rear lateral raise 3x10-12

Some help guys?

Thanks a bunch :smiley:

Looks fine - maybe you could have less bench variations and more squat and deadlift variations but it’s OK. It looks like you’ve listened to all the “big exercises, big weights” advice everyone gives skinny guys. At this stage as long as you’re making gains in size and strength you can probably go for about eight weeks before needing to change a program. In a few years you may need to change more often. For now just keep pounding away, try to lift more each week, eat big, sleep big and grow.

Alright thanks man.

Question though, I have been following this for four and a half weeks now and am wondering if I have to variate some of the exercises? Like make the Incline DB Press a Decline. Make the Squats, Full squats or hack squats, ect

is this necessary or can I simply just train rep schemes every so often?

Regardless of the fine details if you’ve been working this routine like you say you may actually be getting somewhere buddy. If you’ve been eating like a big boy along with this you should’ve made some measurable gains. I’m being serious here.

[quote]Tiribulus wrote:
Regardless of the fine details if you’ve been working this routine like you say you may actually be getting somewhere buddy. If you’ve been eating like a big boy along with this you should’ve made some measurable gains. I’m being serious here. [/quote]

I agree, that looks like a solid fulll-body routine.

Yeah I’ve put about 9lbs on now :slight_smile:

It’s been 4 weeks now and I went back to the personal trainer who gave me this routine and he said to simply change all exercises with rep schemes of 5-7 to 10-12, and vice versa. Also because I can do the Dips at 12, to make them weighted with maybe a 20lb weight.

As far as the others, he said just use different stance, method of lifting the weight, ect and that will be sufficient change for the msucles :slight_smile:

However, in 4 another 4 weeks he said we might have to change it. We’ll see.

If it ain’t broke, don’t fix it.