Switching to Wide Stance LBBS

Doing HBBS has really fucked up my knees. The patella tendon constantly aches especially when running or walking up stairs. Switching to LBBS to hopefully alleviate that pain.

How does my form look? Am I not sitting back enough?

Form looks ok. I would suggest to finish each rep fully and reset for the next. This will help cut down on the sloppiness from rep to rep.

Just a side note, high bar squats didn’t ruin your knees.

Looks like you are lacking some upper back tightness, but since you are just switching over it will take some time to feel out.

You should be pushing your knees out some more, to allow your torso to be more upright out of hole. Try to extend your hips and then bend over slightly while keeping a neutral lower back and then descend into the squat. This will prevent you from bending over since you’re bent over just a bit to begin with.

It sounds weird but this was what allowed to me switch to low-bar comfortably and correctly without bending over excessively and missing lifts like that.

[quote]amayakyrol wrote:
Doing HBBS has really fucked up my knees. The patella tendon constantly aches especially when running or walking up stairs. Switching to LBBS to hopefully alleviate that pain.

How does my form look? Am I not sitting back enough?

Your stave doesn’t appear very wide to me at all. Def Low Bar and good positioning on the bar. Might wanna play with it so you can find a better position that allows you to stay up tall a little more st the beginning. Where you are now will eventually cause you to fold over as the weight gets stronger. As for foot placement you don’t appear to be very wide at all. I only say something because you specifically mentioned LBBS Wide Stance. Also you appear to still be trying to squat with your high bar tech which is causing alot of forward knee movement which with a wide stance lbbs you kinda want to eliminate that. The whole point is to load the posterior chain as best as you can. The more forward knee movement the less you can do that and you continue to count on the rebound. You need to shit back and then down externally rotating the hips out ward (screw the floor and push knee outs) while sitting back and down. This will effectively allow you to load the posterior chain and fire ot of the hole. On the leaning forward your going to have to dl that in low bar the amount is completely different for each person. The important thing is to keep elbows pulled down and under, upper back stays tight and nuetral and bar path is relatively up and down and just over or behind mid foot. If you get forward with the amount of forward lean you have you will dump the bar over your head as the weight begins to climb. Lastly reset and take a second between reps. Stop thinking about a set of 5 as 5 reps but rather 5 individual singles.