Switching To Twice a Week

I’m starting my 6th week and I’m wanting to switch from 100mg once a week to 50mg twice a week. I take test cyp. I dont see my dr or get bloods drawn for another 6 weeks.

I take my shot on Saturday and by Tuesday my days become a grind. There is a massive energy drop and usually once I eat lunch I can barely keep my eyes open. And then its nap time around 5pm.

On a positive note, my anxiety seems to be getting better.

Since I have 6 weeks till my next dr visit and 5ish till my blood draw, would it be ok to try to split my dose?

It would.

Could my tiredness be bc my natural production has shut down and I’m likely lower than baseline towards the end of the week? It will be interesting to see my labs on 100mg/week. On weeks 2 and 3 I had a noticeable increase in strength and stamina in the gym. That has tapered off now. I am however in a caloric deficit and continuing to lose weight so that could also be contributing to less strength. I’m down 35lbs from the start of the year.

This could be your whole problem. That is a ton of weight for 3 month. How many calories are you eating a day? How much exercise?

I started at 300lbs. I’m down to 265lbs. I’m trying to lose about 2 lbs a week, which is about 24ish lbs in 3 months. I’m down 35, but I’m doing keto/low carb, so 10lbs is water. So I’m right in the range where I should be… unless I’m overlooking something.

My target is 17500 calories a week. A typical week is 5 days of tracked food down to the gram, concentrating on hitting my protein goals, but only getting between 1700-1900 calories. One day of eating ketoish untracked. One day where I eat a small keto meal after my workout and then for dinner I eat wtf ever I want and however much I want.

I lift 3-5 days a week, and up until a month or so ago I was hitting 10k steps a day consistently. I dont have the energy to do it now. It’s all I can do to make it to the gym

This.

I would even suggest doing a MWF so you have the most stable blood levels without every other day or daily injections. Also with more frequent injections you will get a lot more out of that 100mg. I use to do MWF 33mg and that would put me at the top of the free and total test range. Your levels will be very stable and you should feel Much better. Once a week shots is definitely not the way to go. Twice a week will be much better and 3x per week will optimal next to EOD or daily.

If you decide to go with MWF, take your blood test on the following Monday before your next shot.

Good luck

1 Like

I’m going to run twice a week till my next blood draw. I will see how I feel at that time. I’m not going to rule out 3 times a week though, especially if my dr increases my dose.

Thanks for the reply!

This is the start of my 3rd week of injections twice a week and my 7th week of trt. I’m still about 4 weeks from my blood draw. I take 100mg a week of test cyp.

So far I have not seen any benefits from an energy standpoint. I’m extremely tired, and the gainz I noticed weeks 2-3 In the gym are gone. My workouts have began to just suck and today I noticed both of my elbow joints were sore and didn’t get warmed up like normal.

Is my dose too low? Is my hct too high? Is my thyroid effed? Is it my e2? This sucks bc I have to wait another 4 weeks for bloodwork.

This is more of a rant than anything… I know without blood work there is no way of knowing what is causing the extreme tiredness.

You need to give it a few more weeks . you’re body is restabilizing

1 Like

Go get a draw yourself. Nothing wrong with checking where you’re at early. Give you an idea what’s up

I go through the same thing at weeks 3-4 after dosing changes, the first two weeks are good and I start feeling better at weeks 5-6. You body needs time to reach homeostasis.

1 Like

Classic over training / under eating. Time for a diet break and deload. I doubt it’s the test. How is your sleep?

I will try this. I’ve never tried a diet break or reverse diet. It’s either all or none with me usually, which is why I never get anywhere.

Right now I’m trying to get on average 2400 calories. I track to the nearest gram 5-6 days a week and then have a cheat day once a week.

Would a week long diet break of about 3k cals a day be too much? I’ve been in a deficit since 1st of January.

What labs would you recommend? I might give this a go if a diet break doesn’t help. I have done this once in the past but it get kinda expensive!

You want to eat at maintenance or even a very small surplus. Probably 2 weeks to be honest. You also will need to deload from the gym. If my overtraining is really bad, then I take a break from exercising until I’m feeling better. I like scheduled 1 week deloads a lot better. I will keep my intensity the same, but cut my reps in half. I also cut all my accessory lifts in that time.

1 Like

I will start with 1 week of 2900 calories and see how I feel. My last 4-5 workouts have kinda felt like deloads bc the intensity and weight just isn’t there. Also I should add that I’m not an advanced lifter. I started back lifting around 5 years ago but I usually go 4-6 months and then deload the rest of the time!

One thing I have noticed about trt is that I have more initiative to workout bc I dont want to waste any potential benefit I’ll be getting.

Sleep is 6-8 hrs a night with cpap, with a 1hr nap usually.