Switching to Once a Week for Blood Test

I dont mind the injecting at all. 30g literally cant even feel it
Takes a lot less time than that gel routine. Shgb was at 16 before starting just checked

Thatā€™s lower than mine, mine likes to hover around 20, last test was 22. Weā€™re in the same boat.

However my SHBG wasnā€™t low pre-TRT, it was closer to 30, quite a bit different than a guy with a pre-TRT of 20 who would see SHBG decrease lower just being on TRT.

On average SHBG decreases 7-10 points after starting TRT. A mediterranean diet is best for us low SHBG men.

Well basically whats going to happen there is that i will acquire some to the point literature and fill my script refill before going to see him and if he doesnt like the numbers then I will take my full script and possibly 2 more and go private. Not sure if he can cancel refills or if he would even care to do so if he could

The doctor got pissed and threw syringes your way?! Is he ever this way on other visits?

No it was a crazy day hes usually real good spends extra time has given me meds i wanted for blood pressure that he didnt like but I insisted and he gave them to me. He just through a few syringes alcohol pads and drawing needles the script and blood work order in my hand and said he didnt have time and id have to figure it out. Its an urgent care and he is a P.A. so he was getting slammed with patients who had appointments and got called in early. Then they also took me first by accident so he just had to wrap it up

An Urgent Care PA, interesting. Well, itā€™s pretty great that heā€™s willing to go down this route with you. I feel like itā€™s worth it if he wants to help. I wonder if heā€™s on TRT as well.

Also that so called experiment isnā€™t just a one time thing. He said there is really no need for frequent injections and some guys go weeks

Man your docs a stubborn fuck isnā€™t he. Go find another doc in networkā€¦

Not calling you out man but this is fucked up. We wonā€™t even spend 2% of our income on our health. We justify and suffer. Right? Think about it. 2k for a really good doc. You donā€™t need to second guess . No need to ask for help or guidance.: move on with life and you know heā€™s got you covered.

Or find a clinic and spend 150/200 a month and itā€™ll be a better experience than this heā€™ll hope insurance death trap.

He is. 100mg a week

1 Like

Iā€™m not so sure about guys going weeks according to this clinical study published in 2005. I expect to hear these kinds of statements from doctors that who donā€™t know any better. What your doctor is doing is saying whatever he has to to get you to do what he wants you to do whether his statements are accurate or not.

Take a look at what happens 6 days after injecting 200mg, levels are below the therapeutic ranges in figure 1, graph B. If you inject 100mg once weekly (half as much as in study), where do you think your levels will be on day 6?

Hormone profiles after intramuscular injection of 200mg testosterone enanthate every 2 weeks in patients with hypogonadism

1 Like

Youā€™ll find out if things work out with your prescribing doc, It may work out well, but it might be good to have a back up ā€œin caseā€. If you can afford better treatment, there might be better treatment, butā€¦there might not too.

I think systemlord has a good point to injecting at least once a week. A lot of guys roller coaster when injecting at every 2 weeks.

I donā€™t know if thatā€™s the kindest way to say itā€¦butā€¦that is what happened to me. My NP got overwhelmed and ditched out on my TRT program leaving me without any resources to turn toā€¦I actually think she was kind of spiteful about it to be honest.

Weā€™ll see if this new prescriber allows me to adjust my dose or if I even get any Testosterone at all. Either way, leaving my NPā€™s care left me with a heavy gamble.

Finding a Testosterone treatment prescriber really seems to be a big risk to reward scenario for most of us.

Since Iā€™ve been on this forum the number one most frequent problem people seem to have is how they can find anyone to treat them.

Iā€™ve see a few issues with obtaining treatment so far:
ā€œMy numbers are low enough for treatment, but no one will treat me.ā€
ā€œI got treatment finally but itā€™s been a pain in the ass.ā€
-ME
ā€œI donā€™t have anyone who treats Testosterone deficiency issues in my area.ā€
ā€œI canā€™t afford the treatment offered in my area.ā€ -ME
ā€œI have the money to a pay a lot for treatment in my area, but they donā€™t seem to know what theyā€™re doing.ā€

It really does appear to be a gamble unless we can throw a lot of money that direction and live somewhere that has informed doctors.

Literally havent asked him any questions Wtf are you talking about. I asked him one question on a busy day about multiple injections for which he said there is no need. He informed me that he also takes 100mg a week and that I may have a rush and crash. So this tells me he knows multiple would be better. As for this ā€œexperimentā€ as you called it they were his dosing instructions. You seem to bw awefully confused when no one else here is and just keep throwing random nonsense out.

And as far as him dumping me like i said i have multiple other cash Drs that i have on the hook and basically just need to throw them the cash to get on with treatment. If this dr isnt going to play the game my way then i walk with my script that will be filled right before i go in to talk to him and then I have a month to get into treatment elsewhere. 3 months if the refills dont get cancelled.

Yep, that was me. I am hoping the service Iā€™m using comes through. Iā€™ll take no shame in promoting it if they do eitherā€¦Iā€™ve been through way too much already.

I had 3 camps of people giving me suggestions.
One camp was saying that I needed to get a better doctor to read all my labs.
Another was saying I should be happy that I got a script for the cost out of pocket (I think it might have been NH_Watts warned me about worrying my doc)
Many suggested that I pay attention to both factors.
Everyone was trying to be helpful, even if they came off as harsh.

ā€¦godā€¦I dunno how many times Iā€™ve hit that send button on my phone and looked back the next day thinking ā€œwas I coming off as dick?..nawā€¦wellā€¦maybeā€¦sort ofā€¦ā€. F***, every electronic communication device I use should have a fail safe prompt that asks me if Iā€™m absolutely sure I want to deliver what I wrote :joy:

1 Like

Honestly and respectfully your going to an urgent care. Thereā€™s no reason to complain. Your going to a tire shop to get your transmission fixed.

Stop the insanity . Thereā€™s plenty of places that will Prescribe you TRT and start you next week.

Again there was no complaining. I asked advice regarding the effect on numbers, and when some crotchety old man got shitty I simply questioned why he was being shirty and explained what my plan was if things went sideways.

I get it but your at an urgent care for life long treatment. This is not the right place my friend.

Yea i will eventually have to find a primary care Dr that doesnā€™t work out of an urgent care that will continue scripts. I realize that over that next 40 years there will be some bouncing around between Drs. I would be shocked if any of the clinics are still open in 10 years. Iā€™m sure some will stay open but most likely the goverment is going to crack down eventually especially the telemedical ones and want their cut from the legit ones and shut down the ones catering to the guys just abusing the stuff

There are not many men abusing trT. Once you start it will lower your T. They jsut need to prove the men had lower T for there age, have the symptoms and blood work ā€¦ unless ofcourse someone walks in with high numbers and are still given trt. Thatā€™s not happening in mass. Doctors would be screwing there careers.

There was already a decade where TRT doctors were under fire with law suits and bad press. We are now at the other end of that.