Switching to a Strength Program - Looking for Good Books

I’ve got a few beginner’s books, the best book I probably have is New Rules of Lifting by Lou Schuler. I do alot of squats, deadlifts, split squats, bench, etc. I’m going to pick up “Huge in a Hurry” by Chad Waterbury next since I think (not sure because I just started doing this) I’ve been having some initial success with his “just focus on 25 reps” idea in the gym, and was hopeful maybe his book has some more interesting tips.

I’m not a beginner, I’ve got some muscle, but I’ve hit a wall recently with my high-rep workouts (usually 3-4 sets of 10-12), and I’ve decided to go low rep and high weight to see if I actually put on some more muscle and hopefully lose some more fat (i’m an endomorph).

Anyone have any recommendations on anything other books I should get?

Try the book of muscle i think its by Ian King.

Maximum Strength by Eric Cressey

Starting Strength by Mark Rippeote

Anything by CW maybe his 10/10 transformation plan?

All the books mentioned are good (I own all of them and many others). However, certain books and programs are better for some people than others.

In your case, getting CW’s “Huge in a Hurry” may be a good choice for you since you’ve used the NROL workouts by Cosgrove. Give CW’s workouts a chance to work for 12-16 weeks.

If you find that they don’t work for you for whatever reason, then you can begin to look for programs/plans that are better suited for you and your goals.

I recommend “A Love Affair with Southern Cooking: Recipes and Recollections” by Jean Anderson. That will do a lot more for your strength gains than any of these other books.

If you still weigh 170lbs its no great wonder why your progress has stopped.

[quote]mr popular wrote:
I recommend “A Love Affair with Southern Cooking: Recipes and Recollections” by Jean Anderson. That will do a lot more for your strength gains than any of these other books.

If you still weigh 170lbs its no great wonder why your progress has stopped. [/quote]

Best post in the thread :wink:

He’s south asian AND a vegetarian. His prospects ain’t all that bright.

[quote]mr popular wrote:

If you still weigh 170lbs its no great wonder why your progress has stopped. [/quote]

[quote]tribunaldude wrote:
He’s south asian AND a vegetarian. His prospects ain’t all that bright.

mr popular wrote:

If you still weigh 170lbs its no great wonder why your progress has stopped.

[/quote]

Hey bro, I’m just reading this now. Well, I started incorporating tons of eggs into my diet now, and it certainly has helped build up the strength (atleast I think, it could be the workouts). I eat some tuna from time to time now as well, although I find the smell rather bad, so I’m still working on that. So I guess I’m not a strict vegetarian anymore.

I weigh somewhere between 175 to 180 now, and I guess my body fat has gone down (17% now). I’ve seen your posts that south asians should just “give up” as they don’t have an appropriate frame for bodybuilding. You could be right, but what’s the hurt in trying? You seem like a really smart guy, but I wonder, what’s wrong with putting in the effort even if I am south asian?

eat meat