Switching to a Push/Pull/Leg?

I was thinking of switching from push/pull to push/pull/leg, but wanted to see what you guys thought. My goal is to be able to go from a 2 on 1 off routine, to 3 on 1 off.

Currently my routine is like this

Pull

Rack Pull (thigh)
Pullup
DB Row
Curls

Push

Front squat
Floor press
Incline db press
Tricep ext.

The problem with this is even though im doing high rack pulls, I go into front squats the next day, with a slightly fatigued back. And also, I only get 2 days rest between the same muscle groups. If I switched to the following, I think this would sole these problems.

Pull (day 1)

Rack pull (mid thigh)
Pullup
DB row
Curl (optional)

Push (day2)

Floor press
Incline db press
Tri ext

Leg (day 3)

Front squat
Step-up (or lunge)
Calves
RDL (optional

REST (day 4)

So essentually it would go from:

Push
Pull
Rest

to

Pull
Push
Leg
Rest

Giving 3 full days of rest between exercises, and 1 day rest between rack pulls and front squats.

Any advice on this?

Give it a shot man, FWIW, I’ve been doing a push/leg/pull/off split (essentially) for a few months now and have seen good progress.

I do the push/leg/pull to give a day between upper body workouts. Of course you could do pull/leg/push to switch it up a bit.

Depending on your goals and level of progression I’d say you could add a bit more to each session, but everyone’s got something that works for them. If you’re not progressing it’s something to think about.

Of course, keep in mind that the effort and intensity you put in will play a huge role. But essentially I’d say that should work just fine, maybe add an extra exercise or two per day, and bust balls. Good luck man.