T Nation

Switching Programs

I’ve been doing Arnold’s Level I program 3x per week instead of 6x. I’ve been doing HIIT 1-2x per week.

Anyway, I’ve been really fatigued with a lot of eating/sleeping, so I think I might switch programs. I was thinking about SOB Training by Waterbury.

I’ve noticed that I’ve worked the hardest under Arnold’s program though, so I’m not sure if I should choose another program…

In sum, I’ve been extra fatigued/lower sex drive(22 years old so it’s usually HIGH) after using this program, however I’ve exerted myself the most using this workout.

Advice?

Have you been gaining weight? If not, then I think the problem should be obvious.

[quote]mr popular wrote:
Have you been gaining weight? If not, then I think the problem should be obvious.[/quote]

I do not follow.

So, if the answer is that I am gaining weight, then I should continue; whereas if I plateau in weight I should change programs.

I am thinking of changing mostly because I’ve been experiencing drops in sex drive and feel fatigued generally.

Didn’t Arnie say something like getting the pump is as satisfying as coming…so if your coming 3 days a week in the gym like Arnie then no wonder your sex drive is a bit down. See the regular joe average can’t be like Arnie whose coming day and night :slight_smile:

[quote]RenaissanceMan wrote:
Didn’t Arnie say something like getting the pump is as satisfying as coming…so if your coming 3 days a week in the gym like Arnie then no wonder your sex drive is a bit down. See the regular joe average can’t be like Arnie whose coming day and night :slight_smile: [/quote]

haha, he was joking( says so in the commentary of Pumping Iron)

so, what’s the bottom line?

You never answered my question friendo.

Are you gaining weight?

If you AREN’T gaining weight, then the reason you feel down and blue is because you aren’t giving your body enough nutrients to recover, much less grow on…

If you ARE gaining weight then it could be a whole lot of other things. But my guess is that you are not. haha

::EDIT::

To clarify even further, I am asking if you are gaining BODYWEIGHT, in case you thought i meant gaining weight on your lifts.

I think I’ve gained some weight - I can notice that my muscles have more definition.

I eat every 3 hours, a pretty big meal, so I think I eat enough

Honestly, SpadeK if I had to guess I would say you truly do not eat enough.

If your muscles have more definition that points more in the direction of LOSING weight.

Don’t you weigh yourself every few weeks to see if youre gaining?

Do you understand that the most crucial component in gaining muscle is gaining significant amounts of bodyweight?

Forget Arnold’s routine.
Go with Waterbury’s or another noted author here.

Yeah I also think that you’re missing on the nutrition part here. Also, you did not mention supplements. I know nothing about your workout but If it’s really so intense and you’re not supplementing/eating right I can imagine you’re experiencing that. I suggest you check out a mass building diet on this site as soon as today and order some quality whey protein at least.

Someone said «You want to stimulate muscles, not annihilate them»

[quote]Iron Dwarf wrote:
Forget Arnold’s routine.
Go with Waterbury’s or another noted author here.[/quote]

I appreciate your input, but could you explain?