T Nation

Switching from Weekly to Bi-Weekly Injections


#1

I am currently taking 100 MG Test C once a week but have gathered from this forum that 50 mg bi-weekly injections are preferable. My question is how do I make this transition? Do I start the 50 MG 3.5 days after my last weekly (100 MG) shot, or wait 7 days. I would assume that at 3.5 days my level would spike & then settle down over time.

I am obviously new at this & appreciate your help.

Steve


#2

[quote]magicman909 wrote:
I am currently taking 100 MG Test C once a week but have gathered from this forum that 50 mg bi-weekly injections are preferable. My question is how do I make this transition? Do I start the 50 MG 3.5 days after my last weekly (100 MG) shot, or wait 7 days. I would assume that at 3.5 days my level would spike & then settle down over time.

I am obviously new at this & appreciate your help.

Steve [/quote]

Dont over think it. Just make the switch 3.5 days after your last injection and continue on with life.


#3

And I think you mean semi-weekly. Bi-weekly is every two weeks. semi-weekly is twice a week.


#4

[quote]Billegitimate wrote:
And I think you mean semi-weekly. Bi-weekly is every two weeks. semi-weekly is twice a week. [/quote]

Oddly enough, it means both.

OP no need to overthink it. It’s really not going to make a huge difference how you go about making the switch. I’d probably just switch to the new protocol when you’d normally inject your 100mg, but whatever is easiest for you will be fine.


#5

Thanks for your help. Oddly, I like pinning so this regimen will work better for me.


#6

[quote]AlwaysUp wrote:

[quote]Billegitimate wrote:
And I think you mean semi-weekly. Bi-weekly is every two weeks. semi-weekly is twice a week. [/quote]

Oddly enough, it means both.

OP no need to overthink it. It’s really not going to make a huge difference how you go about making the switch. I’d probably just switch to the new protocol when you’d normally inject your 100mg, but whatever is easiest for you will be fine.[/quote]

It is odd, but you are correct.


#7

[quote]AlwaysUp wrote:

[quote]Billegitimate wrote:
And I think you mean semi-weekly. Bi-weekly is every two weeks. semi-weekly is twice a week. [/quote]

Oddly enough, it means both.

OP no need to overthink it. It’s really not going to make a huge difference how you go about making the switch. I’d probably just switch to the new protocol when you’d normally inject your 100mg, but whatever is easiest for you will be fine.[/quote]

That’s funny. A little digging into reference from the wiki you linked and then more digging turned up that because it’s been so confused for so long that the meaning is being updated to reflect the ambiguity. After all, words mean what we all agree they mean. Crazy. So if we are all wrong consistently enough long enough we’ll be correct!

I’d stick with the tradition meaning of semi and bi though. For the simple reason that while “bi” has been abused such that it has become ambiguous, “semi” hasn’t. If you say semi-weekly the meaning is definitely two times per week.