Switching from TRT to Clomid Monotherapy?

UPDATED LABS. These are after 2 weeks of stopping TRT cold turkey to get a baseline.

Testosterone: 126.3ng/ml 280-800
FSH 0.4 mIU/ml No range given(obviously very low)
LH <0.1mIU/ml Np range given(obviously very low)

Starting to feel like shit. Wife says I’ve been short and almost down right mean at times. I didnt notice it though.

I’m currently awaiting the doc’s phone call.

Will clomid even help at this point?

[quote]Ned wrote:
UPDATED LABS. These are after 2 weeks of stopping TRT cold turkey to get a baseline.
Testosterone: 126.3ng/ml 280-800
FSH 0.4 mIU/ml No range given(obviously very low)
LH <0.1mIU/ml Np range given(obviously very low)
Starting to feel like shit. Wife says I’ve been short and almost down right mean at times. I didnt notice it though.
I’m currently awaiting the doc’s phone call.
Will clomid even help at this point?[/quote]

I would be clomid will do you very well. At least your numbers
But you may not feel any better. This happens to some.
IMO it is worth a try , it may be all you need

Btw , I don’t know this for a fact. But you may be able to take both test ands clomid to achieve fertility.
I have uses clomid with test to keep nads full

Keep up posted

Doc finally called today.

semen analysis gave a result of 0 sperm.

started 12.5mg clomid ED.

I will be getting bloods in about a month.

I will report back here then.

Good luck.l
I noticed much bigger and thicker loads…
Was kinda fun :slight_smile:

I sure hope it works. The doc said it was rare for him to see a “zero” sperm count.

Can anyone tell me how long it should take before I start to feel the effects of the clomid? a week? a month?

MY FSH is basically “zero” as well.

Think I still got a chance fella’s?

I think you got a good chance…
But I don’t think its going to happen overnight…
For me it was almost 3 month before I noticed what were likely increase in my natural TEST… And inside another 2 months my estrogen started climbing and I began feeling like shit…
That’s not to say I felt Ok while taking clomid because even on a small dose… (25mg EOD) I felt a loss of libido, foggy mind, a lot of the other common clomid sides

I haven’t even been on clomid for a week yet and it seems as if the boys are already slightly bigger.

Is this even possible or is it all in my head???

[quote]Ned wrote:
I haven’t even been on clomid for a week yet and it seems as if the boys are already slightly bigger.

Is this even possible or is it all in my head???[/quote]

VERY possible…
my doc would never give me HCG… Only clomid…
It worked for my balls… But made me feel like shit…

I’ve been battling a cold/allergies so I haven’t been able to assess how I truly feel yet. So far so good though…I think.

UPDATE:

Feeling better on Clomid. Some days a initially felt slightly emotional. Things seemed to have leveled out a bit now. I’ve been feeling great even with work being very stressful lately.

I have a doc appt this coming wednesday, I’m assuming i will have bloods done at this time as well to get a good feel for how Clomid is actually working for me.

Will update again then…

3/29/14 UPDATE

Testosterone: 245.2/ml 280-800
FSH 1.7 mIU/ml No range given
LH 3.7 mIU/ml No range given

Things seem to be heading in the correct direction.

Thoughts? Input?

I would have hoped for more, but it’s probably a slow process without the HCG jumpstart. I would check again in a couple weeks. As long as it’s going up it’s probably worth continuing. You should also be checking E2 and Free T. I’d also make sure DHEA-s was at the top of the range.

[quote]dhickey wrote:
I would have hoped for more, but it’s probably a slow process without the HCG jumpstart. I would check again in a couple weeks. As long as it’s going up it’s probably worth continuing. You should also be checking E2 and Free T. I’d also make sure DHEA-s was at the top of the range.[/quote]

My doc agrees with you also dhickey.

I just spoke with him this morning and he is going to 25mg everyday now.
labs again in another month.

Will update again then. I really hope I don’t start running into sides effects at this dose though.

For me clomid really wasn’t dose dependent. Taking a bigger dose didn’t increase LH any more than a smaller (less frequent) dose.

[quote]dhickey wrote:
For me clomid really wasn’t dose dependent. Taking a bigger dose didn’t increase LH any more than a smaller (less frequent) dose. [/quote]

Same here, my LH was well above normal levels with 25 mg eod.

I never felt great while on it though

Interesting info guys,

I’m guessing that im just taking a long time to get going again since i’ve been shutdown for over a year while on trt.

I was happy to see an improvement, but also disappointed with the small amount of improvement.

Will update again soon.

HCG would have been a faster way to see what kind of production you can get out your balls, but you might as well stay the course now. One of three things is going to happen.

1. LH and T go up. Might still need to tweak E2, but should be good to go. Gradually reduce dose or frequency and retest until you get to the minimum dose required. Maybe 0 if you’re lucky.

2. LH goes up but T doesn’t. Need to be on T.

3. LH doesn’t go up. HCG would be the next route to see if you balls will produce. Again, find the smallest weekly dose that will product the desired results.

Thanks guys,

Been feeling pretty dang good this past week on 25mg ED. We shall see #'s soon enough.

UPDATE: 25mg Clomid ED

Testosterone:509.6 Range 280-800
LH 4.7
FSH 2.5

Slight improvements, but not what I was hoping for I guess.

Feeling pretty dang good for the most part though.

Thoughts? Input?