T Nation

Switching from TRT to a 12 Week Blast

Presently on TRT (for 2.5 yrs now)
46 years old 5’11" 180lbs low BF, training for 20+ years.
100mg/wk Test Enanthate split into every other day doses.
.25mg Arimidex every other day
250 Hcg

TRT Life is good and it just go better as my Doc prescribed HGH…gideeyup right?

Want to do a blast and can get whatever I want but thinking about keeping it simple and sticking with the Enanthate @ 500mg/wk or perhaps switching to Sustanon @ 750mg/wk. HGH will remain @ 1 iu/day
*will adjust arimidex accordingly.

Thoughts? Additions to this or keep it simple? Would you stay on the Enanthate or switch to Sustanon?

Thanks in advance :slight_smile:

*Dont want to up the HGH this go around as I’m new to it and want to see what the 1 iu/day will do.

After the 12 weeks will just go back to my regular TRT protocol so no need for PCT etc…

Sustanon is one of the most overhyped, useless product known to man. I consider it the Zercher squat of the anabolic world. For the life of me I don’t know why anyone would use it over a more stable product. Especially for you since you already have exogenous T in your system–just go with the Test E.

Thx for your insights. I’ve been doing some research since posting this and finding many others of the same opinion…Test E it is!
You think just go the Test alone with the HGH or add something to it? 500mg/wk a good dose?

You said life was good on your 2 1/2 year run of TRT. What were your T levels? Did they stay pretty steady during that time?
Agree as well, stick with Test E for your 12 week blast. Sustenon was always unpredictable for me.

I agree with balla, sust is a joke. Some people like it but its pointless

My Test levels prior to starting TRT were mid range, now they are upper range (sometimes slightly over). Levels have remained consistent as has E levels and all other labs are solid and within range.

Going back to Test dosage is 500mg/wk enough combined with the HGH? I’ve been told by some that 750-1000mg/wk of Test are necessary for decent gains and that 1 iu/day of HGH wont do anything but keep me lean
I blasted on 400my/wk of Test last summer and made ok gains thus the reason I though 500mg and the addition of the HGH would be noticeably better…thoughts???

Just curious, how did you manage to get on TRT with mid range test levels?

Symptoms! All about the symptoms, lots of research and convincing (lots of convincing) my Dr. Mid range Test levels are not good enough and any Dr that says they are when you are feeling shitty is an idiot.
Bottom line is it made a big difference going on TRT and Test levels IMO should be high range for a man to feel his best.

How did it work out? Any sides? How much do you think you will keep after?

No sides, no nothing! 1 iu/day of HGH isn’t enough to notice anything…at least my insurance paid for it.
I might try the cheaper Chinese stuff this summer at like 4 - 5 iu/day with some Test. Or just another simple run of 500mg/wk of Test E.

chinese stuff is often faked… so if ur fine being out many hundreds of dollars then by all means…

the american grade HGH will probably help keep you lean and help you sleep in addition to minor tendon/joint support

id go with 500mg test E/week for now, you can always up the dose later and adjust your AI dose accordingly

I know the Chinese stuff is often faked and mostly under dosed, that said my guy gets pretty decent stuff and only $300/kit. Would love to be able to afford the American made Pharm grade stuff but my cost for 1iu/day was almost $400/month! That would be $1500/month @ 4iu/day (approximate)

Soooo, looks like 500 Test E/wk for now. At least that stuff is Pharm grade and paid for by insurance :slight_smile:
Any thoughts on what to add to it for a good summer 12 wk blast?

There is a TRT clinic in my town that considers you low -600 ng/dl. Do not know if a minimum age is required but there are guys in their low 30’s that are being “assisted”.

They tested in the mid 400’s and 160 mg/week of cyp raise them to around 800.

[quote]senior citizen wrote:
Presently on TRT (for 2.5 yrs now)
46 years old 5’11" 180lbs low BF, training for 20+ years.
100mg/wk Test Enanthate split into every other day doses.
.25mg Arimidex every other day
250 Hcg

TRT Life is good and it just go better as my Doc prescribed HGH…gideeyup right?

Want to do a blast and can get whatever I want but thinking about keeping it simple and sticking with the Enanthate @ 500mg/wk or perhaps switching to Sustanon @ 750mg/wk. HGH will remain @ 1 iu/day
*will adjust arimidex accordingly.Thoughts? Additions to this or keep it simple? Would you stay on the Enanthate or switch to Sustanon?

Thanks in advance :slight_smile:

*Dont want to up the HGH this go around as I’m new to it and want to see what the 1 iu/day will do.

Im on TRT and pretty much planning the same cycle for fall so I can get big while watching NFL :slight_smile: Test Cyp 600mg, HCG 250Iu EOD, Armidex 25mg eod & HGH 3iu Ed 5/2 or blasting it 6-7iu E3D not sure on the HGH so much conflicting info on it… Im considering just doing it IM on lifting days for bulking.
Right now I run 100mg T cyp & HGH 3iu daily sometimes IM sometimes Sq My Doc prescribes me it too but my insurane is cheap I get the generic Chinese stuff Nippertropins by Gemstone I like it so far… I would say this you may have to play with the HGH to see what feels good… I find more than 4iu and joints ache, slight headaches… Since I started it sleep is fantastic like inception but Im taking naps now too kinda weird, also very hungry… Muscles feel tight BF going down but weight up which Im sure is just water since Im only doing body weight stuff and cardio 4 now.

After the 12 weeks will just go back to my regular TRT protocol so no need for PCT etc…

[/quote]