T Nation

Switched to Firefox

Why the hell didn’t I do this years ago? The internet is like twice as fast and…customizable!

The tabs are so fast, aren’t they? I have to use IE for my job, and the tabs are so slow, it drives me nuts.

Yup, it’s better.

Firefox Rules!..

[quote]Squiggles wrote:
The tabs are so fast, aren’t they? I have to use IE for my job, and the tabs are so slow, it drives me nuts. [/quote]

Around here in Scandinavia, Firefox usage peaks after office hours. It reached around 80% earlier this year in Finland.

Long live Open Source!

The latest beta is even faster!

[quote]HoratioSandoval wrote:
The latest beta is even faster![/quote]

Yeah I been using it about a month now.

If you want it to match vista aero, see if you can find the glasser 1.0.5 add-on. Looks just like vista and doesn’t take up more resources.


.

firefox FTW,

isn’t firefox from the same company that did netscape?

[quote]jehovasfitness wrote:
firefox FTW,

isn’t firefox from the same company that did netscape?[/quote]

I don’t think so. AOL bought Netscape. I was under the impression Mozilla was somehow affiliated with Linux? Although I remember waaaay back when the Netscape email client was Mozilla or something.

[quote]jehovasfitness wrote:
isn’t firefox from the same company that did netscape?[/quote]

No. But Firefox is based on Netscape’s code.

Even if you’re ghey, I’m glad you practice safe surf. Firefox has been running circles around IE for years now.

Download adblock plus for FF and never be forced to look at those annoying billboard size images of supplements in any article on this site ever again! 8)

[quote]analog_kid wrote:
Why the hell didn’t I do this years ago? The internet is like twice as fast and…customizable!

[/quote]

What took you so long?

w3rd. Glad you guys took the plunge.

[quote]Synthetickiller wrote:
If you want it to match vista aero, see if you can find the glasser 1.0.5 add-on. Looks just like vista and doesn’t take up more resources. [/quote]

It’s a small touch, but I do like how it streamlines with vista. Just make sure you have the beta version of FF.
I’m a girl, gotta keep things looking pretty:-p

Oh, wait…oops…there are no womens on the internets. 8^)

[quote]TheDudeAbides wrote:
analog_kid wrote:
Why the hell didn’t I do this years ago? The internet is like twice as fast and…customizable!

What took you so long?[/quote]

I’m not so quick.

For some reason I can’t install Flash on FF. Anybody else having this problem? I have to switch over to IE just to look at youtube which is annoying.

[quote]FlavaDave wrote:
For some reason I can’t install Flash on FF. Anybody else having this problem? I have to switch over to IE just to look at youtube which is annoying.
[/quote]

I just had to do this last night, didn’t have a problem here.

I use opera, i prefer it over firefox. Much faster, friend who just switched was using half as much memory. Better features too, check it out.