Switched from Injections to Compound Cream

I recently switched to a compound cream that my doc prescribed. It’s 125MG/ML cream and I apply 1ML each day. Does that seem like a lot? Looks like it’s working, but it’s a little soon to tell.

I was applying to my shoulder area, but have since switched to my thighs. Think I am getting better absorption there. Started to have issues (mental) injecting myself, so I switched to the cream. It’s a lot better than Testim and AndroGel. Plus it’s cheaper.

It depends on how effectively the T is utilized. I had a problem not with absorbtion, but with aromatization. My knees and feet swelled up ferociously, and my Doc didn’t have a clue why. Had to research that one for myself. It was the T being turned into estradiol. I think I actually know now what females mean when they talk about bloating.

Keep an eye on your E2, and if you get swelling, use some DIM and maybe back off the cream until your dose is sorted out.

I hear you about the needle thing. You have no idea of the demons that have tortured me with those. But if the cream doesn’t work, sub-C in smaller, more frequent doses can be tolerable.

[quote]dooright wrote:
It depends on how effectively the T is utilized. I had a problem not with absorbtion, but with aromatization. My knees and feet swelled up ferociously, and my Doc didn’t have a clue why. Had to research that one for myself. It was the T being turned into estradiol. I think I actually know now what females mean when they talk about bloating.

Keep an eye on your E2, and if you get swelling, use some DIM and maybe back off the cream until your dose is sorted out.

I hear you about the needle thing. You have no idea of the demons that have tortured me with those. But if the cream doesn’t work, sub-C in smaller, more frequent doses can be tolerable.
[/quote]

Compounded creams can vary from batch to batch as I have seen in many Dr’s patients. So just need to keep a close eye on levels every 4-5 weeks. This is why I do not like the gels due to inconsistency in products.

When on any form of HRT please be properly monitored by the Dr for various parameters. Majority of Dr’s do not monitor things properly. One needs to keep a close eye on things because at any given moment things can go out of wack putting a person into a tail spin. I have seen it happen as these are the cases I usually deal with Dr’s …" My hormones are all tuned up, but I still feel like crap" are 70% of cases which dr’s refer out to me to find out why.

Thanks for your input. What place on the body should I use that has the best absorption? Should I use my thigh like the injection or the inside of my arm/shoulder area?

Best absorption? Sublingual, then scrotum, from what I understand. But is that what you really want?

Why not determine the best area to apply for your lifestyle, and adjust the dose instead? You probably don’t want to put the cream compound in your mouth, and sometimes you do want T-sensitive females to, you know…

[quote]ActionJ wrote:
Thanks for your input. What place on the body should I use that has the best absorption? Should I use my thigh like the injection or the inside of my arm/shoulder area?
[/quote]

You want the thinnest part of the body, which I have found to be the top of ones feet believe it or not, plus you do not have to worry about contact from loved ones unless they have a crazy foot fetish. I have been to experiment with this area with some Dr’s so I will let you know how it working out. It may not work with the androgel or others with higher volume. NOTE: If other dr’s start using this they read it from here, since I have not heard any other medical professsional recommending it there. So if you see a new trend of rubbing compunded creame of feet then you know where they learned it from :slight_smile:

Would it be an issue if I did an injection (tried) while I am waiting for the cream to kick in?

Straight T cream will kick in weeks before the esters do.

I’ve been doing injections for a while, but had a brief hospital stay at the beginning of the year. I received a lot of IV’s and became a little scared of needles. I started to have mental issues with injecting myself. My doc put me on this Compound Cream and I’m not sure it’s kicking in yet. Just wondering if I can do an injection (to tie me over) while I am applying the cream and waiting for it to kick in?
thanks