Switch To: Mixed Martial Arts

I’m considering training, i.e. devoting much of my time, to Mixed Martial Arts so that I know how to fight.

I’ve been lifting for 8 months, and I’ve enjoyed it very much.

Has anyone made the switch from full-time lifting to full-time MMA?

Also, I’d probably only lift 1x per week, maybe more, although it’s hard to train 3x per week at MMA and still lift without annoying a girl whom I’m seeing.

Do what you want to do.

How long have you been seeing this girl? Is it true love and are you going to marry her. If not, then dump the girl and continue to train in both. Also, how old are you.

Since you seem a little new to all this, I’m going to assume that you are still kind of young. That’s a good thing. You can deffinitely do both MMA and lift. Girls are like trains. If you don’t care which one you ride, then you can always miss one. Another will be along in just a little bit.

Love
Thai Boxer

[quote]Thai_Bxr wrote:
How long have you been seeing this girl? Is it true love and are you going to marry her. If not, then dump the girl and continue to train in both. Also, how old are you.

Since you seem a little new to all this, I’m going to assume that you are still kind of young. That’s a good thing. You can deffinitely do both MMA and lift. Girls are like trains. If you don’t care which one you ride, then you can always miss one. Another will be along in just a little bit.

Love
Thai Boxer
[/quote]

brilliant.

Anyhow, you can rock evening MMA training if you get up in the morning to do your weights (more likely conditioning). Making time in the morning is the key. But if you’re not down with that then shitty for you. Figure out how many hours you have for training and allot them accordingly.

-chris

Just a word to the wise; if your MMA dojo has a specific day that’s devoted to grappling, you might want to stick to light lifting that day.