Switch Grips?

I really appreciated the November 2009 Forum on Why we use the alternated grip for the deadlift. As a relative beginner I wondered the same thing, and my Strength and Conditioning text just said to use it, without a reason. That Forum shows each grip (prone and supinated) puts a different stress on the body. Goochadamg (11-24-2009) gives a great explanation that each grip keeps the bar from rolling in a different direction.

Is important to switch the grips between hands from time to time? I’m a lot more comfortable with my right hand prone and left hand up.

[quote]power22 wrote:
I really appreciated the November 2009 Forum on Why we use the alternated grip for the deadlift. As a relative beginner I wondered the same thing, and my Strength and Conditioning text just said to use it, without a reason. That Forum shows each grip (prone and supinated) puts a different stress on the body. Goochadamg (11-24-2009) gives a great explanation that each grip keeps the bar from rolling in a different direction.

Is important to switch the grips between hands from time to time? I’m a lot more comfortable with my right hand prone and left hand up. [/quote]

I have used the same over under positioning for as long as I can remember. Never had a problem.

In the past I developed a major hip imbalance from using the hook grip. Fixed that by using normal grips often and reserved hooks only for PR’s.

[quote]Jarvan wrote:
In the past I developed a major hip imbalance from using the hook grip. Fixed that by using normal grips often and reserved hooks only for PR’s.[/quote]
Could you elaborate how the hook grip lead to a hip imbalance?

I don’t understand how hook grip would lead to any more or less of a hip imbalance than double overhand.

[quote]LoRez wrote:

[quote]Jarvan wrote:
In the past I developed a major hip imbalance from using the hook grip. Fixed that by using normal grips often and reserved hooks only for PR’s.[/quote]
Could you elaborate how the hook grip lead to a hip imbalance?

I don’t understand how hook grip would lead to any more or less of a hip imbalance than double overhand.[/quote]

Bump.

Would love to hear the logic on that one.