Switch From Coffee to Green Tea???

[quote]keylolo wrote:
As a scientist who works in the pharmaceutical/biotech industry I have assayed coffee and tea for their levels of caffeine and antioxidants using HPLC and chemiluminescence and in my findings black coffee, when compared to green and black tea, has exceedingly higher levels of antioxidants with a broader chemical profile.

[/quote]
That’s certainly helpful for those who are healthy enough to tolerate coffee drinking. I would venture to say that coffee doesn’t need to be consumed merely for its anti-ox’s when one can get an even broader variety of helpful flavonoids (which include anti-ox’s) by eating a wide variety of fruits, veggies, nuts and legumes without the acidifying and chemically addictive properties of coffee.

My points had little to do with which one had more/less anti-ox’s. My points were that coffee tends to require more buffering by the body which increases one’s risk of GERD and osteoporosis (depending on each individuals diet), destroys intestinal flora, and is chemically addictive.

TopSirloin

Ok…I have decided that I love coffee too much and take good enough care of my body that I’m not going to worry about a few extra grams of fat each morning.

Reading over my post again it reminded me of all the freakin metro’s over at Men’s Health (I’m so glad I don’t read their boards anymore…what a bunch of pussies)

I’ll do an extra set of deadlifts tonight as a reminder that I’m a T-Man now, not a Tea Man (wow that was witty if I do say so myself haha)

Thanks for all the input

-DT